Sunday Series: Happy Birthday Baby E!

Nov 22, 2015


A few weeks ago we celebrated Eden's first birthday. Usually we travel a couple hours to visit family for birthday celebrations but this time we decided to stay here and throw a party in our own home. It was a lot easier that way!

 It was fun getting stuff together for the party, the theme was flamingos. I didn't want them to take over so I only used a few here and there. Most of the decorations I've collected over the years from throwing baby showers and other parties, luckily the colours worked for Eden's birthday party too. The tassel garland was my favourite, you can find them all over etsy, but they're super easy to make so that's what I did.

I had planned on buying a flamingo pinata but it turns out they're a seasonal item and only sold in stores during the summer. Instead of panicking I decided it wouldn't be that hard to make one. My mom and I made the flamingo pinata, following this DIY and it was really easy! The kids were really timid when hitting the pinata so we ended up making a hole in the side and let them rip it open. Once the candy and toys started falling out and they realized what was inside and that pinata was done!!!

The kids had such a blast, from all the sugar they consumed and playing with the guests. Eden had fun visiting with everyone and being the center of attention. When it came time for her smash cupcake she was more interested in trying to touch the flame than having anything to do with eating the cake!


I managed to get a couple phone snaps of the decorations before the party started and chaos ensued. Thanks to my friends who took photos during the party and sent them to me, otherwise I would have none :)

8 thoughts:

  1. what a beautiful and fun celebration!! she is perfectly precious with those big eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I'd love those tassel garlands at my wedding! Thanks for the inspo. Eden looks beautiful :)

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such a sweet celebration. I can't believe it's already been a year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prettiest birthday ever! Thanks for sharing, I'm inspired to make something beautiful now :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a magical partay!!!! LOVVVVE all the pics! And that silver/turquoise streamers are amazzzzing!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some fine crafting skills. These photos capture the magic amidst the chaos. Your daughters are true beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations! beautiful decor. happy birthday! xx. gigi. www.gigikkitchen.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger