give you the slip

Sep 21, 2015

eyelash lace sweater dress Forever 21/ shoes Zara/beanie Forever 21/
slip Free People/jacket Tulle (similar)/ fringed purse FCUK (similar)

Sweater dresses have never been my thing, but they're so cozy and warm they'd be a great winter wardrobe staple. I've avoided sweater dresses for the longest time because they're so clingy - any lump or bump is instantly on display, not something you really want. After having two kids back to back this is something I am very aware of!

The search for a decent slip to wear under clothing began a few months ago and I had no luck - so many were ridiculously priced or they looked like they belonged in my great grandma's closet. Spanx were a little too intense for me, I just wanted something lightweight AND comfortable to wear. 

I finally found a decent selection on the Free People website and ended up going with the seamless mini in ivory. It is soooo soft and comfortable, it exceeded my expectations! I'm going to order it in black too to wear under darker clothing and possibly this one for anything with a bit of a lower neckline. Wearing a slip as a base layer under stuff makes a huge difference and how it looks, plus it's an extra layer of warmth in the cooler weather!





30 thoughts:

  1. I love everything about this look. You look fabulous. And those shoes ... I just might have to pick those up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!!! totally chic look!!!! happy monday!!))) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have enough words to be able to tell you how much I LOVE this look. Seriously, everything about it is awesome to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your jacket! It looks pretty good with the dress

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! And I have this dress, loved it so much that I got it in black as well. Can't wait to try it with your pairings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if I had seen it in black I would have gotten that one too! it's such a great piece!

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness... LOVE this dress (I'm a huuuuge fan of lace)! You look stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so stunning! I love the lace hem, you look perfect!

    Hailey
    www.themiddlecloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your style is flawless. You look so pretty in this outfit! I love everything: the jewellery, slip, dress, jacket, shoes, purse. Such a stunning look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh nice slip! I like the sheerness on the bottom. I just got my first ever slip from Free People recently, and really like the feel of it.

    www.deasynoel.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, loving the shoes!
    Do you have Instagram? Let's follow each other! Mine is @milkyinstant :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the lace dress with the edgy twist!! :D

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, i LOVE this!! such a gorgeous touch!! and it's perfect for times when you think "is my dress too short for this event?" because that happens to me all the time. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. timeout, i thought the lace was on the slip! but on the dress? gorgeous!! love that dress so much, then!

      Delete
    2. free people has lots of slips that have lace along the bottom, so they;d be perfect for the is my dress too short scenarios lol. I have that problem sometimes too!

      Delete
  13. That lace detailing on the hem is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute flats! xx

    www.blancheneve.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. your necklace is a dream! I love the mixture of textures, makes the outfit interesting!

    Would you like to follow each other via google+? Just follow me and I will follow back
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/+QueenBeach/posts

    Grace xxx
    www.queenbeach.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look stunning! The slip adds such a pretty yet edgy touch to the outfit, we're obsessed over your look :)
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    LOOK LOVE WEAR

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute dress, and those flats are not a halfpenny the worse! love the way you look, so edgy and chic:)
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can relate to this post! Oddly, I've never thought about the middle ground between wearing nothing underneath and Spanx. Thanks for sharing a well-priced option! Beyond that, I Iove the mix of textures in this look. And your straight hair makes your eyes really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous dress! I love how the lace added a feminine touch to the dress :)

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  20. ABSOLUTELY dying over this! I need this exact outfit in my closet for fall/winter! I never know how to dress up in the colder months without freezing so I am in loveeee!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the outfit! the dress is just perfect!


    www.mommyinthewoodss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have a wide variety of looks within your personal style and I'm always so excited to see your new posts - you're always really inspiring! Do you like the Free People Seamless Slips? I have the same trouble and I need a decent slip but ugh, they are hard to fin sometimes. I wasn't sure if the Free People seamless ones were good about staying in place or if they ride up and end up around the waist!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haha, oh I know what you mean!! Free People slips are pretty decent and not too expensive (apart from everything else!!!). Love this look, you look stunning Emmett! And the pictures are so beautiful!!

    Much Love,
    Lucia

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Lucia Flores Diary Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger