Canadian Tuxedo Take 2

Sep 28, 2015

lace-up sandals Free People/A-line skirt Zara (similar)
star print shirt, star necklace, crystal necklace Forever 21
belt Thrifted/sunglasses Le Chateau

I don't know why wearing denim on denim is labelled the Canadian tuxedo because it's never been a thing here, like ever! People dress up for formal events - if you showed up at a non country-themed wedding you would be dressed inappropriately!  Regardless of where the term originated from, in the fashion blogging world any outfit that consists of denim on denim is automatically called the Canadian tuxedo. but it's usually jeans and a denim button up.  I like this variation of denim on denim, it's a lot but not too much.


12 thoughts:

  1. That is an excellent question. It still makes me giggle though. But I'm no Canadian. You are gorgeous! That's actually my first thought when I clicked over to your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the only time I can think of the canadian tuxedo being a thing is the denim dan comment in the movie Super Troopers lol. thats it! and thank you for such a nice compliment!

      Delete
  2. I love your outfit! You look so great in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty look! I like your necklace!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is really pretty, denim skirt looks really nice with that blouse. Besides, I love the way you did your hair, so lovely! Enjoyed the photographs, you are a really photogenic girl:)
    Have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this entire look! The button up denim skirt is so cute and loving that top! Those necklaces are amazing too!
    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. This shirt is perfect ! I really love your sens of style :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I don't understand why it's called a Canadian tuxedo either! All the Canadians I've known are pretty snappy dressers and I've never seen any of them do the whole denim on denim thing - it seems more Texas-ish! That said, I think you should now be the definition for it, this is such a cool look, it's very effortless and model-of-duty and I love how unexpected the sandals are with it. And your hair looks so fabulous - the new cut and color really suit you!
    PS- sorry about both of your cars going in the shop, car repairs do suck! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sexy momma!! Love denim on denim looks! Never heard of Canadian tuxedo... it doesn't make much sense to me hihi...

    Much Love,
    Lucia

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Lucia Flores Diary Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the best take I've seen on the Canadian tuxedo! I've spotted it IRL a couple of times...usually in the Ottawa Valley ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger