a trip to toronto (that results in a trip to finland next month)

Jul 27, 2015




This past weekend Jay and I went to Toronto for the National Air Guitar Canada Championship because he won the Ottawa competition a few weeks ago and was chosen to represent our city. 

Yes air guitar competitions are a real thing and yes, they are just as ridiculous as they sound! No one involved takes themselves too seriously so it's a really fun atmosphere and incredibly hilarious to watch. All the proceeds raised from the competition go to charity, which is awesome. The national competition was Saturday night at The Mod Club and Jay ended up winning... and is competing in the world championships in Oulu Finland next month!!! AHHHHH! Finland! Neither one of us have been there so we're both excited!

We are going to Finland next month! I still can't believe it.

Anyways, this is what I wore to dinner and drinks the first night we arrived in Toronto. I acknowledge I have a slight problem when it comes to rompers but I really wanted to share this one because I'm obsessed with it's frilly, face-framing collar-sleeves. It's way too short to wear any other time than a night out and I was counting the days until I had the opportunity to wear it! It did not disappoint. I think I can safely say this is one of the best pieces to come out of the Zara summer collection.

If you're curious about where we went in Toronto I started using the Zomato app to keep track of all the places I've tried out and to find new ones. This weekend was my first time posting reviews, I need to stop using the notes function on my phone and switch over to the app!


35 thoughts:

  1. I had no idea air guitar championships were a thing but how cool that Jay won and you guys are going to Finland! Awesome! And your outfit is so cute, loving that necklace!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, amazing!! I really want to go to Finland and see the northern lights. :) Your romper is beautiful, love the detail.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea those were a real thing! Sounds like fun. Your Free People clogs are everything. Really this whole look is everything. I love it all!!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your romper with the long sweater! Long cardigans are the best!
    ~~Megan~~
    http://www.poshprime.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so cute! And a guitar competition sounds like it would be pretty fun to attend :) especially if it's all in good fun and it's just a fun atmosphere like you said! and have SO much fun in Finland next month, that will be AMAZING!!!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Finlandwill be amazing. Love the romper I was just in Zara and saw it. It looks great on you.

    xx Falasha
    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!!! take my congrats)))) adoooorable outfit)))) xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for traveling! :) Loving your hair here, doll- gorgeous!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha, wow- air guitar championships? my husband would LOVE that. i bet it was so funny to watch! your romper is so sweet! :)

    www.jessandtonic.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of air guitar competitions before! How awesome is that:D And love your romper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This romper looks sweet on you.. and yay to Finland. I have 2 friends there I would love to visit.

    Also, I wanted to thank you for your kind and thoughtful comment on my blog.♡

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is the craziest story I've ever heard- how awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love this style! perfect outfit and colors ;)

    www.AneciaBlog.pl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, wow that's going to be a fun adventure. You're looking amazing and love the outfit on you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your overall is very cute!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the boho vibe here. All the jewelry is great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So awesome! I had no idea air guitar contest existed!! Loving this look - I love the romper especially - I've never seen olive green eyelet, pretty cool!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing post, can't wait to read the next one!!
    Thanks a bunch for your support on my blog:
    MyLyfeMyStory

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh so exciting that he won and that you get to go to Finland! Very cool! :)

    I like your statement necklace in this outfit also :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, I have never been to Canada and neither to Finland. Congrats lucky girl :)!
    I really like your blog and I thank you for coming over to visit mine! I hope to stay in touch! I really like your bohemian style which is so wonderfully orignal and not like "all the others"!
    xx
    Larissa
    cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  21. Way to go Jay!! What a great story. Not what I expected as I read this post, lol.
    You look awesome. Love that you were able to show the sleeves peeking out from your cardigan. It's a great colour on you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE those shoes!

    sierradanielle.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I had no idea air guitar competitions were a thing. How incredibly awesome!
    Love this outfit on you, too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for your lovely words on my last post!
    So great he won and you can go to Finland. Fantastic!
    Your romper is very cute, by the way...

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  25. AMAZZZZING!!! We are from Toronto and it rocks!!!!! WE LOVVVVE it! and love your olive jumper! FABBBulous babe!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely outfit. Have Fun in Finland

    ReplyDelete
  27. NO. WAY.
    How is this real??? Lol air guitar competition in Finland??? I want to hear all about it when you're back! Haha, that is awesome xD
    Loving the boho vibes from this outfit, what a cute olive romper :D

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Check out my YouTube channel too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! That is really awesome!
    You're outfit is super gorgeous and you look so pretty with all of those accessories!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow!! adorable outfit and how cool!! air guitar and a trip to finland?! i mean, that's amazing!! have a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That outfit is so fun and unique! I love jumpsuits like that (is that what you call them)? Hope you're enjoying Finland. All that light this time of year.. I bet it's wonderful.

    p.s. thanks for the thoughtful and sweet note you left on my blog. It was very appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  31. That is so crazy and cool about the air guitar competition, I had no idea those were a thing! Congrats to you guys, a trip to Finland sounds amazing and good luck to you dear in the finals - I hope you guys have an amazing time over there!
    Your romper game has been crazy good this summer, you look so adorable in them and I love the warm, summery colors you've been wearing. the yellows are so pretty on you. I also realllllly love these sandals, I've been looking at them all summer and wanting to get them!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Loving every piece of this outfit so much! those shoes are so beautiful!!

    xx, Her Place at the Universe

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm circling back...how was Finland? Did Jay enjoy the competition?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger