a paisley print dress (sometimes a tunic)

Mar 27, 2015

 
dress Zara (similar here & here & love this one!)
fringed cardigan & medallion necklace Forever 21
vegan leather moto jacket (similar) & abbey road sunglasses Free People
fringed suede purses Zara
 
This outfit is from a few weeks ago, when the weather was super warm, the sun was shining and all the snow was melting. Jay's parents were in town and they insisted we go out and do something just the two of us while they watched the kids. Jay and I went out for lunch at what ended up being a mediocre pub (I'm so over industrial interiors, I find them cold and uninviting) but had a lot of fun talking about non-baby related things while enjoying an afternoon IPA*.
 
We had planned on stopping by the new Whole Foods after lunch but I guess we were way longer than we thought - we left the pub and walked out to a bylaw officer giving us a parking ticket! We told him we were leaving right then and convinced him to cancel the ticket. No trip to Whole Foods (I have seriously been trying to get out there for weeks!!) but no parking ticket either so I can't complain.
 
I like this dress and this was the first time I wore it as an actual dress. Since it's quite short I usually wear it as a tunic top which is practical for looking after young kids. I like that it's a little bit dressy, I can throw it on and look somewhat put together, even if I haven't had the chance to wash my hair in a few days!
 
I find that as a mom of two some days it's way easier to stay in pjs or sweats all day but I don't like doing that often. Sometimes it just happens but I try not to let it become a habit. If I take just 20 minutes to have the worlds fastest shower, throw on a little make-up and get dressed in actual clothes I find I end up being more productive than if I had stayed in sweat-pants mode. That being said I save my nice stuff for work wear, silk blouses, dress pants and dry-clean only sit unworn my closet. It's all about easy to wash and dry clothing these days!
 
*non beer drinkers, an IPA is a hoppy beer that has a bitter, tangy flavor

13 thoughts:

  1. Beautiful layering!

    http://www.distinguisheddiva.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing dress!!! You are too cute indeed and I just adore your bloggy!
    xoxo
    Taylor
    http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed your outfit posts! You always layer so well, I'm loving all the fringing. Well done for getting out of a parking ticket, I can't see that working here haha!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the print of your dress! Very cool outfit Miss!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http:/:fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard other moms say that, but I'm totally opposite. If I put on nice clothes, I don't want to do anything because I'm either uncomfortable or I don't want to ruin my clothes with cooking oils and other housekeeping/mom stains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That how I feel about dressier things I would wear to work or that are dry clean only - I skip wearing them. I bought a few polyester blouses and dresses and wear them all the time because they're easy to wash. It doesn't bother me if the baby spits on them or whatever - into the washing machine they go!!!

      Delete
  6. that dress is so cute!

    xx nikki
    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love your layering! I'm not a fan of sometimes-tunic/sometimes-dress clothing. It's a bit disorienting because I'm always wondering whether it's too short or whether I should be wearing leggings...

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, I USUALLY err on the side of caution and where those questionable pieces as a tunic but I figure if I'm on a 'date' then a short dress is ok!

      Delete
  8. Haha, oh you are lucky! Here in Holland once a ticket is printed you are stuck to it, whatever you do, it'll not be cancelled, you can write an appeal to the authorities... which is probably not going to get you anywhere unless you have hard evidence haha. Lame, really lame.

    Anyway, LOVE the dress! You look so so gorgeous. Layered it perfectly of course.. too much talent for that :P.

    Kisses,
    Lucia

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Lucia Flores Diary Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also a wonderful look and completely agree with the sweatpants argument!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tassels on your cardigan really elevate this look. This whole outfit is just great and I'm happy you're getting 20 mins here and there to feel human again :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You are very nice in this outfit. I can remember that I bought a tunic which is similar as yours to my wife 2 weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger