outfit: that dress

Jan 30, 2015

 diamonds in the sky dress & boots Free People
sweater Club Monaco
coat Vintage
necklaces top Urban Outfitters, middle Etsy, bottom Forever 21
scarf Forever 21
 
This dress! I saw the white and blue version months ago in the Free People store in Toronto, and although I thought it was pretty I wasn't quite sold on it. When I saw the black and lilac one online I knew it belonged in my closet! It's more of a summer dress (it's essentially backless) but it works as a layering basic, light enough to wear under bulky sweaters and long enough (without dragging on the ground) to keep your legs warm. I love the crochet trim and embroidery detail, now all I need to do is find a lilac something or other to layer over top.
 

18 thoughts:

  1. love the club monaco sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your wonderful boho style, this is another lovely outfit, you look great! <3

    I have a new post on my blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a beautiful frock! Hope you and your new addition are doing well. :)

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't this dress just the best? For being such a summery dress it ends up being such a great layering peice for winter, I love it with your vintage coat.( minus the fur, your coat reminds me of the one clint eastwood wore in pale rider, it's pretty awesome!). It's so lovely to see you again as well, I hope you and your family have been having a great year so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this sweater! So happy to see a post from you, girlie!

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. so nice to se you again, love that dress on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good sweetie pie! Long time no see!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous!

    xx nikki
    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are pretty with the dress. I love your coat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you make summery clothing work for you year-round. The cardigan looks really comfortable, and that pretty dress is awesome layered!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your hair! beautiful look as usual hun! xx. gigi. www.gigikkitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this outfit! So earthy, pretty and feminine! Light blue and brown are such a great pair! x S.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Emmett you're back!!! So nice to see you blogging again, I missed it :). You must be an uber busy mommy right now hihi. Thanks for your sweet comments. My models' surgery went well, she got surgery on her knee (owch!!) and is recovering very well.

    Oh my, I SO wanted the white and blue version, but way to expensive (I also have to pay taxes when it hits the Dutch border, boohoo). This version is also divine!! It look so gorgeous on you. Very nice how you layered it.

    Hope everything is well :). Can't wait to see more posts! Happy you are back.

    Kisses,
    Lucia

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Lucia Flores Diary Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in love with that dress!! The title of the post is perfect!
    Emma Xx

    www.emmaslookingglass.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. hello. may i ask if you would perhaps consider selling that dress? if so, id be interested in buying it:)
    kind regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello, I'm not actually selling this dress at the moment, but you might be able to find it online? I saw a similar one in white on the threadsence website: http://www.threadsence.com/villa-palms-maxi-dress.html

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger