and then there were four

Nov 30, 2014


 After being pregnant for what felt like forever our newest family member is here and almost a month old! On November fourth I went into labour and unlike my first pregnancy with Tavi everything happened quite quickly. It was a little over four hours from my first contraction to delivery. It was a good thing Jay was home prodding me along when I first went into labour because I was taking my sweet time getting ready. I figured based on Tavi's birth (which was 30+ hours) I had plenty of time and there was no rush to get to the hospital. The only reason we left when we did was because Jay convinced me it was better to go than to be too late!
 
Although I had Tavi's overnight bag packed my own bag was half done so I got my stuff together as Jay got Tavi ready to get dropped off at our friends. At the hospital we thought we had arrived with plenty of time to spare, a nurse checked me and was going to send us home because I wasn't dilated at all. The only we reason stuck around was because I kept throwing up and they wanted to make sure the grovel I was given stayed down. When the nurse checked me one final time before sending us home we realized we wouldn't be leaving anytime soon. Basically the baby was coming that very moment! Needless to say the delivery was a bit chaotic, everyone was scrambling around trying to get things set up and I was in disbelief everything was happening so quickly!
 
Eden arrived on Nov 4th at 3:40am weighing 7lbs 3oz. I remember thinking she was so small (compared to Tavi who was 9lbs 5oz) and I was a bit worried actually, but she was just fine. I was so happy to finally hold her in my arms and couldn't wait for Tavi to meet her little sister.
 
 Tavi has been really good with the baby and loves her a lot.  She constantly says the word baby and points to Eden and then tries to say her name but it comes out ee-ee, which makes us smile. She loves helping with the baby and is excited every morning to see Eden. Right acted she wakes up Tavi runs into our room to look at Eden sleeping in the bassinet.
 
 As far as adjusting there were a couple times when Tavi wanted mama the same time that the baby did and she got really upset, but for the most part she's adjusted well. Jay took vacation and then my mom was here and Tavi spent some time at Jay's parent's so she's gotten lots of attention (and we've had lots of help) when the baby first came home. I make a point of finding time to spend one on one with Tavi so that she doesn't feel like the new baby gets all the attention.
 
We are very happy with our little family of four. It hasn't been that much of a change really, it feels as if Eden has always been a part of our family. Jay and I both look forward to watching our two little girls grow up together and who knows, maybe add another kid down the road!
 
 

20 thoughts:

  1. Congrats, dea Emmett, your two little girls are so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful. Congratulations to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeep, could she be any cuter? The first snap melts ny heart. Huge congrats to you! :D
    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congradulations! I was just thinking about you last night and wondering how you were doing, I'm so happy that your labor was (so!) fast and everything is well with all of you. Tavi is looking so grown up, she has just the cutest halo of curls and the two of them together is really sweet. (i know what you mean by the differance in size, the nine plus pounds babies feel so sturdy but I remeber with my son how tiny his neck seemed, They seem so little.). Congradulations, I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, she's here!!! Both your little's are juts gorgeous;) Congrats friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! What a beautiful little family you have:) She is absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! What a beautiful family and what a blessing to have Tavi be such a natural big sister. :D

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are just so breathtaking and inspiring. Lucky girls to grow up with that combo for a mama.
    Sweet family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwww, so beautiful. Congratulations and welcome to the world baby Eden

    ReplyDelete
  10. awwww so sweet! she is perfect! congratulations ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats! what a beautiful baby!

    xx nikki
    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You children are beautiful Emmett! Not quite sure if I congratulated you already, but than, again congratulations!! She is a cuty, like a little doll! Wishing you 4 all the best!!

    Kisses,
    Lucia

    ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿ Lucia Flores Diary ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Beautiful girls! Beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!! It seems like just yesterday that I was reading about Tavi's arrival and here you are, a beautiful family of four. These photos are so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've had this post saved for weeks. I'm just so happy for your entire family!

    ReplyDelete
  16. congratulations! what a beautiful little family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay!!! Congratulations!!! So precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awwwww I missed this post months ago! Congrats! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger