outfit: muumuu territory

Oct 7, 2014



hat & middle ring Club Monaco
embroidered swing dress ASOS (pretty red one)
tights F21
studded boots Town Shoes 
navy trench coat Anthropologie (last worn here)
36 weeks (almost there!!!)


It's been a busy week over here, my sister flew down from Calgary for a visit and she brought my youngest niece who I hadn't met before along with her. She's almost a year old and after seeing her now, it's hard to believe that she was once a tiny three pound baby (born at 29 weeks) who could barley fit into preemie sized sleepers. We had a lot of fun, and now that they're gone the apartment is just too quiet. I miss them!

In that same week I started a new position at work, in a different department and in a different building which was nerve-wracking. I hope I'm making a good impression! Now I'm working right down town and it's been a bit of a hassle trying to figure out the best way to get to work. Between all the construction on the 417 and the crazy parking rates I've been doing what most people in Ottawa who have to commute to work do, I take the bus. Riding the bus has been ... Interesting. It's not bad, way faster than driving through all the construction (buses here have their own highways and roads, not sure if it's like that in other cities?) but I feel a bit stranded not taking my car to work. I think once the construction is done I'll go back to driving.

Here is a weekend outfit, an over-sized swing dress that would most definitely be a muumuu if it was floor-length. It's loose and unstructured, perfect to wear as a maternity dress. It's billowing shape has  been quite comfortable in this last trimester - which is exactly what I need in these final, uncomfortable days!


16 thoughts:

  1. I used to bus to work and always wondered what I'd do if the kids needed me to pick them up at school, etc. I know what you mean! I love this outfit on you. It's so you...chic and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous dress! You are looking wonderful:) Good luck with your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well darn girl, you look GOOD in a mumu! I envy your pregnancy style, I juts wore yoga pants or maxi dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never looked that cute at 36 weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress is absolutely beautiful! :)

    Juli Xx

    http://juliwilliams.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute. I love the dress. And congratulations on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look beautiful - pregnancy suits you! I adore that top - and the hat is awesome!!

    Sorry to hear your in this super uncomfy stage of your pregnancy - I will be keeping my fingers and toes tightly crossed that it isn't too overbearing for yoU! But it's all worth it in the end xxx

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fun dress!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look lovely! Thanks for dropping by! Been a while since we caught up!! When are you due??
    Keep in touch
    xx
    www.JuneWantsItAll.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look beautiful! Sounds like a great family weekend and I know what you mean by how quiet things seem when company leaves. Have a great weekend!

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE that dress! and your baby bump is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the embroidery on your dress, definitely looks so comfortable to wear. Congrats on the job!

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love love this dess!!! You are one adorable preggo!!!!
    Congrats on the gig and thanks for stopping my blog.
    xo
    Natalie
    Chic Boston Mama

    ReplyDelete
  14. Emmett!! You look oh so pretty! This dress is once again amazing and looks so incredibly cute on you. Sorry to hear about the fuss with the roads to your job. Didn't know busses had their own lanes over there, we have it too here in the Netherlands, around big cities they even have their own lanes on the highway :P. Hope you can get back to driving soon!

    Kisses,
    Lucia

    ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿ Lucia Flores Diary ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger