outfit: layered lace dress

Oct 14, 2014

necklace (similar  here, here, here here)
lace kimono Forever 21
leggings TNA (via Aritzia)
lace maxi dress & vegan leather jacket Free People
37 weeks

I hope my fellow Canadians had a great Thanksgiving Weekend! For the long weekend Tavi and I travelled home (Jay had to work) and had two traditional dinners; one with friends on Saturaday and one with family on Sunday. Thankfully no one made me Tofurkey this year, I always appreciate the gesture but I'm not kidding when I say I don't like it. That is one vegetarian food I truly can't stand... the taste is really something else!

We came back to Ottawa early yesterday morning and like last year made the most of the beautiful fall weather by spending it outdoors. Jay had the day off so we headed to the Fletcher Wildlife Garden to see the last of the fall flowers and all the colourful leaves. It's one of my favourite places in Ottawa, so calm and peaceful and full of natural beauty.

28 thoughts:

  1. Such a pretty layered look! Looking good mama and your little one is too cute!

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, Tofurkey. I always find it to look and taste a bit like wet cardboard. I'm always happy just filling myself with all of the vegetarian side dishes on Thanksgiving! I am so glad you had a Happy Thanksgiving! You look absolutely gorgeous. I love the long lace dress. It's very dramatic, but your magic with layers and the leather make it totally chic and wearable! That photo of Tavi is a framer. SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wet cardboard covered in salt, it really is so gross! I'm not a fan of fake meat products, I find they always taste either weird and chemically or super salty. I'm with you on all the tasty side dishes :) I really like that picture of Tavi too, it really should be printed off.

      Delete
  3. Love that lace dress with the leather jacket on top! The lace is super feminine and girly but the jacket gives it that edginess that i love. I WISH I looked that good when I was pregnant. haha! I felt like a whale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lace & leather really is a fool-proof combo, I find myself wearing it quite often when I'm stumped for what to wear. I'm sure you looked fabulous during your pregnancy:) I think the majority of pregnant women feel whale-like in those last few weeks, I know I certainly do!!

      Delete
  4. You look amazing in this lace dress and I love the pic of Tavi, such a gorgeous little girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, it's a dress I could totally see you wearing :)

      Delete
  5. Looking good, mama! Are you ready for two babies?! You will rock it, I know…and look good doing it;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful lace dress and it looks amazing with your cute baby bump. :)

    Juli Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely lace maxi! I just adore your style. :)

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  8. that lace dress is divine!! You're radiant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so darn lovely! And Tavi! Such a cutie. <3

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely pics! you look great! nice to hear you had a nice thanksgiving day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you had a great (Tofurkey-less) Thanksgiving! You seem to be able to find the most beautiful white dresses! You asked what vsco set is my favourite and it would probably be 02 although in the last set on my blog I used the new film set from Little Lusker presets. They seem to be geared towards portraits but they really look great on landscapes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful photos, you look lovely. I especially like the vegan biker jacker. I was a vegan for 25 years, but I've never had the pleasure of Tofurkey, it sounds as if its in a league of its own.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ahh you look stunning!

    xx nikki
    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. love this hobo chic style! beautiful!

    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look great! The jacket is a perfect add on to this outfit! 37 weeks...almost there! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look gorgeous girly. So happy to see your happy face and that lovely bump of yours.

    I just can't get over Tavi and her beautiful curl.

    Wow, less than 3 weeks to go until the new baby is here. Good luck with everything and I hope you have an easy delivery. Looking forward to the announcement of the baby's arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  17. awww. you look so gorgeous! :">

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so beautiful! I love this look! Thanks for checking out my blog fellow Canadian blogger
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. you look incredible <3
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, another gorgeous outfit! So bookmarking all your pregnancy outfits for when I get pregnant, so inspirational. That lace dress is divine and I SO love the combo with the leather jacket... you look beautiful!

    Kisses,
    Lucia

    ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿ Lucia Flores Diary ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your necklace beautifully bridges the delicate lace of your dress and the tougher material of the jacket. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Freaking love ur blog! It´s so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger