Family Photos With Iaroslava Petrenko Photography

Oct 20, 2014


A few weeks ago I mentioned we were having family/maternity photos done, and that I'd share them on the blog. We got the photos back and although I knew Iaroslava was an amazing photographer I was completely blown away when I saw the final photos from our shoot. You can't imagine how hard it was to choose just a few pictures for this post!

I first met Iaroslava through work a few years ago, and could tell right away she was laid back and down to earth, a genuinely nice person. Somehow our conversation shifted to photography (I'm pretty sure I had just bought my DSLR and was like help me understand my new camera please!!) and I discovered she was a professional photographer outside of work. I took her business card and after checking out her website I knew I'd better hold onto that card because one day I'd need it. I've had that card in my wallet for over two years and am happy I was finally able to put it to good use.

We had our photos taken at one of the prettiest places in Ottawa, Fletcher Wildlife Garden, a spot filled with beautiful flowers and foliage and plenty of trees to hide behind should you need to do a discrete wardrobe change! I had a few conversations via email with Iaroslava before the photoshoot about the feel and look we were going for and I knew by her replies we were both on the same page. I trusted her judgement and the result is photos that reflect our little family perfectly. 

The fact that Iaroslava got so many photos of Tavi amazes me. Tavi loves being outside and was more interested in collecting rocks and running towards mud puddles rather than standing still with me and Jay. I'm not sure how she managed to get the photos she did, but clearly she is talented and one of the best child photographers in Ottawa! We are so happy with how this family photo session turned out we highly recommend her if you're in the Ottawa area :)




Eco Friendly Flower crown & Tavi's Paper Rosettes (which she kept taking out of her hair)- Shop Bleu Gardens
Nightingale Dress - Free People
Minimal Lace-up Heel - Free People 
Sweater - BCBG
Lace Panel Dress Forever 21

31 thoughts:

  1. OMG, these are all just dreamy. Your photographer really is nothing short of amazing and she had a gorgeous family to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are amazing! Love the light and the happiness in all of them, and your beautiful little girl looks like an angel;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing - you look like a goddess!!! and your little one looks like a cute little angel <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, these are just amazing! You have such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures could not be any cuter! What a gorgeous family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are beyond incredible and you look GORGEOUS! Your family is beautiful.

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these are stunning. I think they captured the fam perfectly. Gorgeous pictures of a gorgeous family!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  8. dying over these gorgeous photos! you rock the floral crown! such a cute fam!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are really beautiful photos! Everyone looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are unbelievably stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazing! love the colors and your outfits! and what a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are absolutely stunning! Wow, wow, wow! And you're right, she got such great captures of Tavi!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These photos are so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! Your dress is gorgeous and I love the style and coloring of all these shots. Totally jealous of this shoot

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so pretty! You have such a beautiful family
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!!! I knew these were gonna come out gorgeous!! You guys look so cute together. The shots are amazing and Tavi is such a little model.

    Kisses,
    Lucia

    ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿ Lucia Flores Diary ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are amazing. The location, the light, your lovely family and you gorgeous as always. Great photoshoot :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very beautiful!! The pictures turned out nicely. Your have a very beautiful family.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, the pics are amazing, you look so good. So many framers in that batch. I love getting professional pics done.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are stunning! They are all frame worthy! I esp love the second one though, with the little farmhouse in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are absolutely beautiful. I'd love to have some family portraits done when I have a little family of my own!

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wowza, these photos are incredible! You have such a beautiful family. :)

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful family!

    xx nikki
    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. you look absolutely gorgeous. what beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look like an angel! Beautiful family...can't wait to see pictures of the new addition! <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, these photos are true gems. No wonder you had trouble narrowing it down. You are the most blissful/serene-looking pregnant person, and those looks of love between and Jay are something to behold. Don't even get me started on Tavi's golden halo of curls. Wishing you many years of happiness with your growing family.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a little doll, Mazel Tov on your lovely daughter and on the expected child!

    You look radiant, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm so sorry, I realized I never replied to your super kind comment from way back in September! THanks for the kind words about the launch of our fall line & the outfit. Now these photos... these are absolutely stunning!! You look gorgeous w/ that baby bump & the whole family looks so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger