outfit: block-print dress

Sep 23, 2014


minimal lace-up heel Free People 
tribal print purse (similar here, here and here) & cardigan (similar) F21 
necklace H&M 
rings & bracelets Modern Primitive, Byward Market, Hilary Druxman 
jacket Aritzia 
(34 weeks pregnant)


A dress that cannot remain unwrinkled, despite being ironed right before each wear, a stack of my favourite bracelets and a combination of tribal prints make up this outfit that somehow works despite all the different patterns in it.

During this pregnancy I've been able to wear most of my regular clothes which wasn't the case last time. It's weird because I've gained the same amount of weight so far (33 pounds... ahhhhhhhh!!!!) but I'm carrying it all differently. Maybe because this baby is in breech? In theory having more wardrobe options should make getting dressed easier, but every morning I stare at my closet blankly when trying to decide what to wear. I find myself reaching for my favourite things over and over and have to make a conscious effort to mix things up. 

On a more positive note, only a few more weeks to go! 


19 thoughts:

  1. Gorgeous. You are seriously a master at layering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layered look! Enjoy these last weeks as a family of 3:)

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, friend! I always felt like I had nothing to wear during pregnancy, especially towards the end when I really just want to be in long maxi dresses that didn't touch any part of my body;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the mixing prints!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the tribal sweater with the army green jacket! you look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so beautiful! :) The most stylish pregnant blogger for sure. Love your jewels!

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dress!! Can't believe how far along you are!! Ahhhhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love everything about this outfit! I'm not good at all at pattern mixing but you make it look effortless! Love the accessories too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo, such fun accessories! Love the black nails, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you did an amazing job of tying these different black and white patterns together! gorgeous jewelry too.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look fabulous! Love that dress and sweater combination.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look stunning! and it does not look like youre carrying that much weight at all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAYAYA!!! to being pregnant!!! how exciting!!! U look sooo gorgeous, babe! And I love how you styled your rings----TOOOO COOL!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I carried differently with #2 too. Low and sloping downwards. Ugh so awkward!! Love the pattern mixing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Emmett!!! How are you? Long time no see :). You look so adorable! You have such a great talent to combine your outfits... my mouth always drops open with each of our outfits and get greedy.... "need to have something simular to make this exact same combo right now"- kind of rage :P. Anyway, hope things are going great with the pregnancy.

    Kisses,
    Lucia

    ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿ Lucia Flores Diary ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've managed to take the world's simplest colour combination and turn it into a virtual feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. great look, I like the mixed prints and all the bijoux.. cool style...and congrats on the baby!... you'll make a beautiful mom

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally in love with the jewellery :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger