Sunday Series/Family Life

Sep 14, 2014


I'm so excited, probably a little too much but I can't help it! This afternoon we're having family photos (technically a maternity photo shoot?) done by a talented local photographer, it'll be the first time we've had our picture taken as a family outside a portrait studio. Yesterday it was gloomy and rainy, but today it's overcast and bright, my fingers are crossed the rain holds off until tomorrow.

We've had this shoot planned for a long time, and I've slowly been gathering things that I think would look good together, adding to the pile over time. Tiny little gold ballet flats for Tavi to match the beautiful block print dress my mom gave her on her first birthday. Flats that also happen to match the back-up dress I'm bringing because she's 17 months and wearing white outdoors means it won't be white for long! Beautiful gold and mustard coloured accessories; a flower crown for me and tiny paper rosettes (thank you Bleu Gardens) to pin in Tavi's blonde curls. I have a couple dresses picked out for myself and Jay will be coordinating right along with us. Everything sort of just goes together, it came together nicely.

It's hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that in just a few short months we will be a family of four, when not too long ago it seemed like we would always be a family of two. So far I have enjoyed every stage of being a mama, even the sleep deprived newborn stage! I have to say though I think this age is my favourite. To a toddler everything is new and exciting and I've found this to be such a joyous time. 

20 thoughts:

  1. I can't wait to see the pictures! What Tavi is wearing is perfection! I love all the gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo that dress with the elephants, it is so cute!

    shakkablakka.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful outfit for your little girl, the pics will be so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy smokes! The little boho Indian print dress is GORGEOUS! Does it come in my size???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! These family photos are going to be seriously incredible. I'm already taking inspiration from your color palette and little details for my own family photos (and right now, my family is just my boyfriend and my dog).
    Thank you so much for your comment on my blog! It brightened my day! I'm so glad I was able to discover your fantastic blog in return, I can't wait to follow along with your style and adventures :)

    The What's In Between

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thanks for your kind words :) I'm always looking for new blogs to read so I'm glad I came across yours too!

      Delete
  6. those dresses are dreamy! I'm sure your photos will come out great...can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting, I always get so excited picking out outfit for our photoshoot. Those ballet flats are so adorable. I can wait to see the pics, please share them when you have them.

    17 months, crazy. When I started following you it was just the two of you and now you are getting ready to welcome your second child. I am so pleased to have shared along that journey. So looking forward to seeing your family grow.

    I can totally relate to enjoying life with kids and all those awesome experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post them, the photographer said it would take about 3 weeks to get them. I'm so excited to see them, the couple she showed me on the back of her camera looked great she totally understood the feeling I was going for. She was so awesome to work with.

      it's been so long hasn't it? I think I discovered your blog right after the time J-Bird was born and have been reading ever since. I love reading about your family, I find you guys to be very relatable :)

      kids are awesome and this time when they're young is fleeting - i try and remember that every day so that I don't look back 20 years down the road and regret that i didn't appreciate this time.

      Delete
  8. such beautiful things! hope it was a lovely shoot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the shoot was amazing, I can't wait to see all the pictures!

      Delete
  9. Such beautiful things you put together! I can't wait to see the photos!

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your daughter is going to look absolutely fabulous! Can't wait to see pictures from the shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so precious!! congrats <3

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh! So much prettiness in this post. Your photoshoot is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope it went well! I can't wait to see. This outfit is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE this! The clothes are absolutely amazing. I can't wait for my babies to be big for us to take family pictures (at least old enough to sit up so you can actually see their faces). :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait to see those pics!! Sure they are going to be SOOOO gorgeous!!

    Kisses,
    Lucia

    ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿ Lucia Flores Diary ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to see how this all comes to life. I hope you'll share the photos on the blog. Looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger