sunday series/family life (a little happy news)

Jul 6, 2014


Finally I'm able to sit down and share some happy news with you - this fall we are going to become a family of four, we are expecting another little one! Tavi is going to be a big sister soon. I'm just over five and a half months (23 weeks) and thankful to be over the roughest part of pregnancy. This pregnancy has been a lot harder than my first, which is something I didn't expect. I was much, much sicker, not just during the day, but at night too, often waking up throughout the night to get sick. 

I had a prescription to get the morning sickness under control, but it took about a month to actually start working and even then it was weeks before the neasua completely went away. I've been dealing with anemia too and my energy levels have been really low. I've tried to use my limited energy to keep up with Tavi and do all the types of things we'd normally do, but the compromise often meant going to bed super early and cutting back on fun things like blogging and running.



That being said I've been feeling so much better the past couple of weeks, I think it's safe to say the worst is over!


Some bits and pieces from the end of June:

a tropical plant to brighten a corner of our bedroom. For some reason I always kill tropical plants, despite barely watering them. This one's so pretty, it better survive!


My mom came up to visit last week and one of the things we did, besides celebrate Canada Day on the first, was go strawberry picking. Tavi figured out pretty quickly what to do (besides eat the berries!), but preferred to walk up and down our row checking things out. It was a hot day and she kept taking off her hat so we didn't stay very long. Despite this we picked tons of berries and had lots for strawberry shortcake and many batches of jam. We made SO much jam, all my friends will be getting jars of it!


Someone's favourite pastime is still going strong - anything on the couch must be tossed on the floor!  



We went to the Italian Festival in Little Italy, saw all the old-school cars and caught a bit of the parade. (Tavi is laughing at our friends behind me, and somehow they're distracting Jay!)


Delicious tomato salsa with fresh cilantro from our garden. There's nothing like walking a few feet and grabbing fresh herbs to add to whatever you're cooking. Once the growing season is over cooking will be a struggle, our garden has spoiled me.


Our balcony garden has been doing pretty well, the lettuce and tomato plants are thriving and growing the fastest. I learned when picking lettuce you have to be really gentle, if you aren't it's easy to accidentally pull up the entire plant - root and all, rather than just tear off a few leaves. 

28 thoughts:

  1. I'm so excited I get to be an Aunty again!! Tavi is too cute, I bet she will love being a big sister and having a sibling tagging along :)

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! So exciting! And glad that you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on this exciting news! PS Tavi has the most beautiful/adorable hair!
    - Tracey @ Just a Trace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! My second pregnancy was also much harder than my first, which is tough when chasing a toddler! Glad you are feeling a bit better now. Very exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!! Such exciting news!! Sorry you had a tough start but praying for you thats in the past now!! Looks like a lovely weekend! The pics of your little in the strawberry field is so darling!!!

    xx. Michelle
    www.themichmix.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How amazing, congratulations!!
    And yes to fresh herbs and strawberry picking, they are both such fun summer essentials!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Such wonderful news and so happy you are feeling better! Enjoy the last months of being a family of 3!

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATULATIONS!! That's so awesome, so excited to meet your new babe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHHHH, CONGRATS!!!! So nice to hear again from you and happy that you are doing fine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!! Super happy for you!! And I just adore Tavi's hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! This is such wonderful news! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so, SO happy for you, friend! I also happy your sickness has gone away and that it will be (hopefully!) smooth sailing from here;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! :) So so happy for you and your sweet little family! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO exciting!!! Congratulations, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my word, congratulations! That is so exciting! I adore Tavi, and I can't wait to see this new baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What wonderful news! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like the perfect day! Congrats girl.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh my gosh! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations, so happy for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. AHHHHHHHHHHHH, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
    I am so excited for you guys. Babies are awesome and amazing, but you already know that :). YAY for kids being close in age. Sorry to hear that the pregnancy was so rough for you. You look amazing though, we would never know that you were struggling and that's a great thing.
    My last 2 are 18 months apart and though it was a bit hard in the beginning, it's so much fun to see them interact. Only 4 months in and I wouldn't have it any other way. You are going to love it (once you get some sleep :)).

    Oh and Tavi's curls = amazing and so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Huge congrats! I had no idea you were pregnant, I want to be as stylish as you when I'm pregnant. :)

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohhh what wonderful news!!! Congrats on your growing family!! Oh my they usually say things get better on the 2nd pregnancy....well it is still a beautiful and excited feeling to be pregnant...<3

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations!!! I hope that you have an amazing pregnancy. You have a beautiful family. I love your little girls hair!

    xoxo,
    www.sylvialovespink.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations. I'm so excited for you and family. Such a wonderful news. Glad you are feeling better. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very, very exciting!!! Again, congratulations! Too bad you are having a hard time with your health this pregnancy, but happy to hear it's getting better. Wishing you all the best Emmett!

    Kisses,
    Lucia

    ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿ Lucia Flores Diary ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger