outfit: knee-high gladiator madness

Jun 14, 2014

(lovelovelove these sandals too)
tribal print kimono Spell Designs 
shorts Vintage Levis 
fringed bucket bag ASOS (similar)
dress Zara 
sunglasses Aldo

Despite the fact the first sentence on the Free People website states the zipper up the back makes these knee high gladiator sandals easy to get on and off, I'm going to tell you that isn't the case! Unlike my other gladiators you can't put these on in less than 10 seconds, it's just not possible. 

The problem lies in the laces, instead of one continuous lace it seems to be a bunch of shorter pieces sewn together and the seams where each piece joins are bulky and difficult to pull through the loops. They have gotten easier to put on over time, but they're still tricky. Despite this, and the constant Cleopatra comments I get, I love these sandals but only wear them when I know I won't be constantly taking them on and off!

***The winner of last week's Spell Designs Giveaway is Holly W! Congrats and enjoy your beautiful romper! ***

18 thoughts:

  1. I like the Sandals, sorry they are a pain, but they are lovely. Rachel xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually not a fan of gladiators, but it looks really amazing with the printed kimono!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the color combo of your outfit but frankly I am just drooling at how long your hair is right now. And those sunglasses, please send them my way, I want them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Cleo Baby, you look so rock n'roll with them!!! And the fab Spell kimono makes the look perfect to me. I definitely need some glads like these, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kimono matches your skincolor so well. Love the look!

    www.shakkablakka.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your honesty about the ease of these;) They DO look fabulous, and I know I'm always willing to work a little harder to wear something that I love, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looooveeee the kimono!
    Looks so pretty on you!

    Lovely greeting from Germany

    http://aia-close.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  8. But waaaooooh i love your outfit !

    ReplyDelete
  9. ADORE this outfit! :) Thank you for sharing!

    http://neatly-packaged.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bummer! But as a consolation, they are fabulous with the whole outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha I was wondering if those sandals were a pain to get off! But they look awesome on you, so that's good :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. that kimono is gorgeous!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. woo, I highly doubt there's be enough leather lacing to go around my giant manly calves!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is probably my favourite outfit of yours now! I just love it all, you look like such a boho princess. The kimono and those glads. Yum!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely outfit. I especially love your kimono!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm loving this necklace it's so beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute!!! I've been wanting to get those FP sandals for a while, but I keep on postponing buying them (also because of the ridiculous taxes I have to pay for the customs). Seeing them on you makes me want them even more. Even though they are not easy to put on, I think I can't resist anymore hihi.

    Kisses,
    Lucia

    ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿ Lucia Flores Diary ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger