The Perfect Pair (A Jean Machine Sale, Buy One Get One 50% Off!)

May 21, 2014

jeans Silver Jeans Camden Mid-rise Skinny c/o Jean Machine
purse & turquoise jewellery Vintage
blouse Forever 21
sandal boots Free People 

Despite the fact jeans are a staple in most people's wardrobes I have very few pairs. The idea of shopping for jeans daunting; finding a pair that actually fits seems like searching for a needle in a haystack. My experience has been if you have curves then fit is usually an issue. It's been years since I stepped inside a store that specialized in denim, simply because I really wouldn't know where to start.


Last weekend when I walked into the Jean Machine at Bayshore Mall I was pleasantly surprised by not only their massive selection of jeans but by the boho-chic clothes that were alongside many, many pairs of jeans. Crochet tops, tie-dyed skirts, cut-off shorts and cute overalls surrounded the racks... it was the last thing I expected to see!



The fact that I had no idea where to begin must have showed on my face because I was greeted by a friendly girl named Rachelle who was cool and not at all pushy. She listened to me describe what I like to wear and began grabbing different styles of jeans for me to try on. I always have problems with jeans fitting in the thighs but being baggy in the waist so imagine my surprise when none of the pairs she picked out for me did that!

I found not one, but two pairs I loved and had a hard time deciding which pair I liked best. The Mavi Emma boyfriend jeans were classic and would definitley get a lot of wear but in the end I was chose a more adventurous pair that was extremely distressed yet lady-like at the same time. I was worried that I'd ruin the shredded parts of the jeans in the wash (which has happened before) and Rachelle suggested I wash them in a mesh laundry bag or pillow case so they wouldn't catch on anything else. Such a simple, common sense solution, I'm not sure why I hadn't thought of it before? 

It was a great experience having someone who knew jeans inside and out help me find a pair, the whole process went a lot faster and was a lot more fun than if I had tried to do it myself. Rather than leaving disappointed and stressed out because nothing fit, I was happy and looking forward to wearing my new pair on date night!




SALE INFO

From May 23rd - 25th Jean Machine is having the Perfect Pair sale, Buy one and get one 50% off! That includes new arrivals and exclusives. 



The sale is 3 days only so be sure to head on down before the week is over and if you're at the Bayshore Mall location get Rachelle to help you find a pair (or two) that works for you. Don't miss out on the perfect pair!


This post was created in partnership with Jean Machine

12 thoughts:

  1. I have about a million pairs of jeans because I am constantly searching for the perfect pair. I have yet to find it, but I keep buying pairs that are ALMOST right. It is very frustrating. These jeans look great on you. I love how you styled them. Even though you rarely wear jeans, this look is still very you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apart from these amazing ripped jeans I love your turquoise bangle! hope to snap one next year when I travel to Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those jeans are gorgeous!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love jeans, but I can NEVER find pairs that fit me right. I have no butt (but a stomach, thanks genetics) so in order to wear jeans that give me a cute butt, the jeans are muffin-top inducing. I usually just go for a saggy butt jean. Sadness. So excited that you found your perfect pair!! They look awesome on you! Thanks for sharing the links, I totally want a pair! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. man, it seems like SO many people have trouble finding jeans. Like you I usually compromise on fit and comfort to find something that looks remotely decent. good luck with finding a pair you love!

      Delete
  5. Those jeans are perfect! Love the rips and distressed nature of them, and love how you styled them with that white top and turquoise jewelry;) I want to go shopping there with you, now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shopping together would be fun (and probably dangerous to our wallets!)

      Delete
  6. I love the lace underneath the ripped jeans, such a cute look!

    boho vanity ♡

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, same problem over here! Maybe once a year I find a perfect fitted jeans... but that's it! I have the same problem as you...curves with a small waist are a diaster when it comes to jeans. What I've learned of the years is that I need low rise jeans, with a minimum of 3% elastan... first thing I ask for when I walk into a store. Oh, how many times I spend an entire day searching... litteraly in every store in an entire mall... and not finding even one pair, boohoo!!

    LOVE your jeans, definately a great find, they look so nice on you! Overall look is out of control. The blouse is adorable and I always love all your accessories, so perfect. You look beautiful Emmett.

    Kisses,
    Lucia

    ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿ Lucia Flores Diary ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿

    ReplyDelete
  8. I freaking love your jeans! I've never shopped at Jean machine before. Maybe I should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am still not convinced about jean wearing. I was a skirts only girl until six months ago but now wear pants about once or twice a week. I would like some casual white jeans/pants for the summer but have not found the right pair yet. I just don't like the image of skinnies and I don't think I would be as brave as you to buy distressed jeans. I will have to visit a jeans store to gain inspiriation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is tough to find jeans, i will always be a skirt or shorts girl first. I few years ago I found a great pair of white jeans (they are too small and packed away somewhere) but the brand was buffalo jeans and they were a bootcut. the demin was a bit thicker but flexible and when I wore them out 2 of my friends liked them so much they went out and bought them!

      you could try that brand, good luck with tracking down a pair that works for you - it can be done :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger