outfit: minty fresh

Apr 22, 2014


mint coloured kimono c/o For Elyse
dress Forever 21
necklace Vintage
studded flats Zara
cropped moto jacket Free People


We've had the most beautiful weather lately, and I've been happily wearing spring coats, dresses with no tights and lots of light layers. This beautiful mint kimono is a current fave, I love all the panels of lace worked into it. It's another great find from For Elyse. Seriously, there are so many cute bohemian pieces on their website!

Since we spent Easter weekend back at home with family and my packing skills are lacking when it comes to coordinating outfits (I tend to pack random pieces I love and hope for the best), I was pleasantly surprised when I realized this earthy dress went really well with this pastel kimono. Not something I would have thought to pair together normally, but the colours compliment each other nicely.

Things have been really hectic around here lately, my maternity leave has ended and after a year off at home with Tavi I'm back at work. It took a little adjusting and some trial and error but we've got a routine down pat and I can finally say things are getting back to normal!

24 thoughts:

  1. It's such a great color! Very fun. I also really like the design at the bottom of the dress!

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. great layering! the color of your kimono is amazing~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look stunning! I love the two together! Sorry your maternity is over, but I'm happy things are settling in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The details of that kimono are so gorgeous! Love how you layered it.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the transition back to work has been ok. I love mint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, hit publish before I was finished. I love mint and have never thought of pairing it with those colours but it looks gorgeous.

      Delete
  6. Love your mint Kimono! It's so sheer and lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, I don't mean to be rude or intrusive, but what do you do? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work for the government, in an office type setting (but have no contact with the public).

      Delete
  8. this is super cute...ahh a whole year at home...glad you were able to enjoy that time with your little one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that kimono is gorgeous!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look lovely! your boho look goes great with that leather jacket.

    http://bohemiansbanquet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so effortlessly beautiful! Love how the mint just pops...love your looks...<3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the dress!!

    shakkablakka.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love putting things together after packing haphazardly..hehe..This outfit is anything but haphazard..Hope the transition back to work continues to be smooth x

    ReplyDelete
  14. These pictures are so ethereal and lovely...straight out of a fairy tale!

    beck daily

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in love with your style - I'm a follower now!

    http://domesticatedsophisticate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this colour combo, mint really give a fresh kick to any outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute!! I love that dress and the way you accessorized! Thank you for sharing :)

    http://neatly-packaged.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, it must be so hard to get back to work after a year and not being able to be with Tavi all the time! Lucky me I run my company from a home studio, so I can still be close to my bebe whilte working.

    Anyway, looking drop dead gorgeous as always... oh my, that kimono... the color, the lace.. Boho heaven! Definately checking that website... like right now! Love the dress as well, you look so pretty!

    Kisses,
    Lucia

    ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿ Lucia Flores Diary ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful kimono! I love how you wore it too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Soo gorgeous! That kimono is amazing, and is my favorite color :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have this black robe with a lace back, the shape is very similar to the mint one you're wearing. I've only ever worn it in the bedroom but the other day I found myself wondering if and how you (yes you) would style it for outside the house. I think it's still a little out of my comfort zone, but seeing this post may be a baby-step to me thinking of new ways to wear it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger