Sunday Series/Family Life: Nursery Update

Mar 16, 2014


It's been a busy week, mainly because I'm trying do all the things we normally do on top of trying to complete those lingering, unfinished DIY projects by the end of March.

Like this Victorian settee. 


It is the bane of my existence.

It was a kijij steal, but from the moment I struggled with the 80+ year old seller and his doorman to get it into my hatchback, to the multiple trips to Canadian Tire for the right sized staples, it's taken a lot longer then planned to re-do. 

The latest issue is my staple gun isn't powerful enough to work with the curves of the piece, I can't seem to angle it properly and apply enough pressure at the same time. I'll have to figure out a day to rent an electric staple gun when I have enough free time to get this thing done in one go. Before moving to Ottawa I'd borrow tools from a friend or my little brother but I don't know anyone here that has their own workshop.

We did make some progress this week, I had this beautiful elephant print mounted and we hung it up yesterday. The size of the piece really brings everything together.


The only things left to do are the little things; make some throw pillows for the couch, figure out where I put the vintage poster my friend Lisa brought back from Paris so I can hang it up and get a few more blankets (or possibly make them) to tie the different themes in the room together. After that I'm declaring it finished!

15 thoughts:

  1. Wow! You two look so gorgeous together!

    Keep in touch on BLOGLOVIN

    Love,
    FASHIONHYPNOTISED

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see the finished settee! sounds like an amazing project. and the print is beautiful. i wanted to make some of my own throw pillows as well but i don't know the first thing about them.. but i guess there is always a first time for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely! we have the 3 sprouts boxes too... can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the little dresser! so cute!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    wwww.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking cute so far!! I love the little turquoise dresser! DIY projects are great...when you actually have all the tools available to finish the job hehe. Good luck with the Victorian settee :P.

    Kisses,
    Lucia

    ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿ Lucia Flores Diary ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY for being close to finishing up a project. It is such a great feeling. Can't wait for the big reveal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Can't wait to see more

    Ashley

    http://meadowsandreeds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see the finished nursery, it looks great so far x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and your baby girl are so beautiful! I'm so happy you stumbled upon my blog so that I could discover yours in turn :) the nursery looks wonderful from what I can see of it, I can't wait to see the finished thing. That elephant picture is gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is going to be a mini fashionista :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the room, and especially the Elephant Print, where did you get that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the large elephant print is from here: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/oanabefort it's actually a poster I had mounted.

      the small elephant prints are from here: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/BlackBaroque

      thank you, i loved the room too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger