sunday series/family life: catch up

Mar 2, 2014



Some things that have happened since the last Sunday Series in no particular order;

My little brother and his girlfriend came up for a visit and we tried the Smoque Shack for lunch. Everyone loved it except me... the menu was pretty much all meat. That's usually how it goes; my bro side-eyes my weird plant food and I side-eye his ribs.

One of my good friends from high school was in Ottawa for work. Her evenings were free so we hung out. One night we ended up at the Heart and Crown, had a couple of beers and probably sang along with the band just a little too loud. It was just like old times and we had a blast :)

I've dedicated March to finishing up the last of my lingering DIYs. Knobs have been ordered, paint has been purchased, all I need now is to find some extra time.




We're not a huge fan of electronic toys at our house, but I came across a few almost brand new ones thrifting and got them for Tavi. I don't mind the keyboard or the singing turtle, but there was one who's electronic voice was strait out of a horror movie, I ended up removing the batteries, it was that creepy.

The end of my maternity leave is looming and I'm starting to freak out.We are still undecided about what to do, but are leaning towards a nanny. We have a plan A, B and C, so we are slightly prepared. Slightly.

I've started thinking about Tavi's first birthday party and have a bunch of secret Pinterest boards to try and figure out what the theme should be. It's blowing my mind that a year has already gone by.




I've finally perfected this herb quinoa patty recipe to suit our tastes, now I just need to find the perfect dipping sauce for them.

I'm really liking cobalt blue lately and ordered these Mexican tiles to use as coasters or to set hot dishes on.

and

the Walking Dead is finally back on! 


12 thoughts:

  1. What a cutie! And we are Walking Dead fans too! So glad it's back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha we've dealt with creepy electronic voices too! not nice haha!
    cute pics ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those quinoa patties look amazinggg!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tavi is just so cute!!!

    If you can, go the nanny route. It helped ease me into going back to work and gave me some peace of mind. Of course, finding the right person is key.

    Looking forward to seeing your DIY stuff.

    Oh and I just pinned the quinoa recipe. I made too much quinoa so what a great way to use it right? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the recipe is great, you can make a lot of variations with it. Instead of green onions I've used chives or leeks, I've added cilantro... basically I use up whatevers kicking around in the kitchen! Another way to use up leftover quinoa is to toss a bit in a green/mixed salad. sounds weird but it tastes good :)

      Delete
  5. Eek, the electronic voice does sound creepy!

    But that quinoa recipe looks delicious - although I have to admit your brother's ribs sound good too :)

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good for kids to have some exposure to technology, but some folks are waaaaay out of control. That voice thing sounds freaky. :/

    I definitely like the idea of dedicating time/energy to unfinished projects. I'm the queen of unfinished stuff.

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agree on the electronic toys...I have a post drafted on babies and technology..haha I should finally finish it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love fun moments with the family!! electronic toys can definitely become overstimulating...we try to limit it as much as possible but my 18month might be slightly addicted:-) we have one of those abacus'..maternity leave...what a blessing you are to be in Canada!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hihi, your baby is the cutest! She is so pretty! Totally agree on the electronic toys as well. I'm an uber hippie, a little radical maybe hmm, my childern will only play with wood toys (or anything natural), no electronic or plastic toys in my house :).

    Going to try those delicious looking quinoa patties, yum yum!

    Kisses,
    Lucia

    ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿ Lucia Flores Diary ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿

    ReplyDelete
  10. B doesn't like quinoa. I wonder if turning them into patties would change his mind??....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger