outfit: lace crop top (what I'm wearing tonight)

Mar 13, 2014


Real Romantic Top c/o For Elyse
shoes Zara
cardigan Anthropologie
purse Vintage (via Etsy)
most of my jewellery Modern Primitive

I'm seriously loving crop tops right now, they might just be my favourite trend this spring. I wore them the first time around in the 90s (so many memories of my Dad sending me back upstairs to change) and lets just say this time they're a lot more refined. The 'crop' is a bit more subtle; a hint of midriff shows rather than your entire midsection.

When For Elyse sent me this beautiful top made of lace from their spring collection I couldn't wait for warm weather to wear it, it was just too pretty to sit in my closet that long! A midi skirt and a light-weight cardigan were the right pieces to winterize this delicate top. It might be a tad over-dressed to go see play, but then again it's showing at the NAC so you never know. 

Of course a crop top made of crocheted ivory lace would be my favourite, but there are quite a few on the For Elyse website (like this one and this one) that may find their way into my closet. What can I say? I'm a sucker for lace trim!

27 thoughts:

  1. OMG! I'm in love ... the top, skirt, shoes! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Everything about it is perfect. :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! :D

    love
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I LOVE that top, you look stunning in it!!!xxx

    www.tapeparade.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I love this whole outfit! That top is simply beautiful.

    X
    Molly
    thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you, hot mama! I am dying over this outfit. You look absolutely amazing and I want to try and copy it but I know I would never look this good! That lace top is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you & both of you (I never know who is commenting lol) could pull this off and look stunning, no problem!

      Delete
  7. Your hair and top are so gorgeous. And uh, you just had a baby. Never would've guessed with your crop top look! Seriously, you're absolutely radiant.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, the 90s crop top. So many memories are running through my head right now, it was awesome to grow up in the 90s. Still have some 90s crop tops laying around on the attic somewhere. Nowadays the crop tops are bit more subtle indeed hihi. LOVE this one, it looks amazing on you. Overall outfit: out of control!! You look absolutely gorgeous, the photos are so pretty.. love the color of the background as well :).

    Have a great weekend!

    Kisses,
    Lucia

    ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿ Lucia Flores Diary ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one pretty outfit, I really like your top, the shape is just right, also you look lovely!
    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this look! And I am very impressed by your hair!

    shakkablakka.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  11. your top and shoes are amazing, highlight of this post is the bag and your jewels...love your rings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your outfit! everything from your top, bag and those bangles! i like ones that fit closely to the wrist.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really love the way you do your hair, the bracelet is great, as is the lace top and the shoes..need that bag or its cousin in my life x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love Lace and I love that lace top! Your outfit is stunning! Thanks for visiting BethandBeauty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that top is gorgeous!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so love your style, boho chic, emphasis on chic :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Spectacular outfit! I'm lusting after that bag so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute and stylish. I've always loved your outfits on EA's reader outfits post... finally following your blog now and delighted to discover that you're Canadian.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning! I love the way you paired the crop top and those shoes? GORG!! Thank you for sharing :) Oh and thank you for stopping by my little blog earlier!

    http://neatly-packaged.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Unique and very sweet outfit ^^

    恵美より ♥
    emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh beautiful! I'm a big fan of lace too, this top is so pretty <3 Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a CUTE post :) I hope everything is great with you dear.

    Check out my new post...lovely bohemian decor :)

    Have a great week

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - inredning it's, Swedish for decor :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You beauty!! That hair is stunning, I love it. Perfect bun. Your top is also lovely! I hate when tops only have something going on in the front but this carries on to the back which is great! Perfect for summer.

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger