outfit: back in black (with a little neon)

Mar 1, 2014


maxi dress Forever 21
chiffon dress H&M
necklace
cardigan Club Monaco
coat Anthropologie
purse Etsy

After a week and a bit of friends and family visiting, Jay travelling for work and keeping up with Tavi's activities things have started to slow down and I actually have time to post! Winter is still dragging on here in Ottawa, and it seems like it's snowing every other day. I've finally succumbed to dressing in dark winter colours, although I did reach for a coloured purse to brighten things up.

I've had the shorter dress layered on top for over a year now and I think this is the second time I've worn it. The cut of it's quite strange and after one wear it's stretched out, making it really awkward when worn on it's own. Luckily it looks decent layered with different pieces, which is why it hasn't been put in the give-away pile just yet!

13 thoughts:

  1. I love your dress. You look amazing and I love your turquoise jewellery!
    Great post... Cool photos!

    Love,
    Belinda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah, I love ho this pretty bag matches with the pattern of the coat. and thanks for the review! :) happy you like your cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this outfit, but the rings and bag really make it amazing. Seriously, I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair is incredible! How do you manage the messy-boho look so perfectly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think having long layers helps achieve the undone look, pieces slip out (which, at times can be annoying) and pinning them back or tucking them back in creates a messy look. Plus washing your hair every other day or every two days helps, as your hair tends to stay better when tied back & mine has a bit more volume.

      Delete
  5. Cute! I would never think to layer a shorter dress over a maxi dress, but it looks great on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this! that necklace is gorgeous!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the neutral fabrics with pops of color in the accessories. It's perfect! :D

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dress! You certainly wear it well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wow, I want snow!! Normally it's still snowing with -20 degrees celsius here in the Netherlands, dunno what has been up with the weather this year, seems like it's still autumn :).

    Looking out of control gorgeous!! You are so beautiful. Love the layers of this outfit, so perfect. And those rings, oh my...turquoise jewelry, my favorite!! Need to get that one ring by Threadsense, if they still have it hihi, saw it on sale :).

    Kisses,
    Lucia

    ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿ Lucia Flores Diary ✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the dress! That bag adds the awesomeness X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger