outfit: sunshine haze, warmer days

Feb 1, 2014

flower of life statement necklace Hunter Gatherer Jewellery 
feather necklace & printed chambray shirt Forever 21
jacket Tulle
 purse Anthropologie

It's been pretty warm in Ottawa over the past couple of days and by warm I mean the temperatures have climbed a little above zero! It figures the weather would warm up when we don't need it too - Winterlude started last night and we need the cold to ensure the ice sculptures don't melt and the canal stays frozen!! I finally grabbed my hockey skates from my moms (so much easier to skate in hockey skates than figure skates), they just need to be sharpened and I'm good to go! I'm looking forward to skating on the canal.

I've been embracing winter and winter activities lately, I was hoping to go snow-shoeing next week too. My friend Jenna just picked up a new pair of snow-shoes and was talking about how much fun snow shoeing was that it made me want to go. I haven't figured out if using my ring-sling to put Tavi on my back would work over my coat but I guess I'll find out!

About the outfit... a typical boho winter outfit; maxi dress, tights, boots, something layered over top, only this time I'm wearing a lighter coat. When I know I'll be spending a lot of time in-doors I wear a lighter jacket rather than a bulky winter one because that's easier than trying to stuff a massive winter coat along with everything else in the basket of my stroller.

26 thoughts:

  1. I've never heard of snow shoeing before! what is it?
    Hope you enjoying skating ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. snow-shoeing is a winter sport where you basically go hiking with these special shoes that make it so you stay on top of the snow rather than sink down in the shoes are hard to describe but new/modern style ones look like this

      http://wolfmaan.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/powderidge-snowshoes-m-lg.jpg

      and old school ones (which is what I used as a kid) look like this

      http://www.spiffykerms.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/snow-shoes.jpg

      it's a pretty chill sport but fun!

      Delete
  2. your dress and bag, damn! perfect boho combo, girl!

    http://bohemiansbanquet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that denim top, so cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that bag!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wahhhh digging the boho vibe so much!!
    enjoy your bohemian winter, your style rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Outfit ,love the Colours and Textures!
    follow new ,mind follow back? :)

    Lovely greetings from Austria xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh girl, you have great style! love your hair and denim shirt! :)
    Mrs Vain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes!! A fellow winter maxi skirt wearer! Such a hippie staple… Why put them on the bench when it snows?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! I love that we're all like, "It's above freezing. It's a heatwave. YES!" I went around without a jacket today for that very reason. That dress is a great color and I love the lacy cutouts!

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you rock a gorgeous maxi skirt in the snow! Lovely boho style - so inspiring :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, really an amazing outfit, love the matching print of the bag and the denim shirrt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look wonderful in that outfit, I love your dress
    and that amazing shirt. :)

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  13. Typical boho outfit = amazing style, complete with pattern mixing and a dreamy skirt. :)

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post ❤️So cool and stylish.
    I love your blog so much! Have a great day :)
    FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
    CHIC STREET CHOC

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't it funny how a cold snap in weather can make you grateful for ANYTHING warmer? It reached 20 degrees here the other day and it felt like a heat wave;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness! this outfit is beautiful- I love the colour of the dress!!

    www.dearyouloveem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. ohhh love the details of your maxi dress <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, that dress is so pretty! I love how you styled it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've only ice skated once... kind of. I live in Texas so there was a little portable skating rink downtown when I was younger. The temperature just wasn't low enough so the ice was wet, bumpy and darn near impossible to skate on - especially for a person like me who had never even been in ice skates before

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the outfit. Your lucky, its still about -20 in Edmonton. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  21. dear emmett, thank you for your kind words! i own an etsy store and there's a link to it on my blog tool bar. you look incredibly pretty and you are so lucky to have snow..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that outfit, really I do!! :) ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger