sunday series - home sweet home

Jan 5, 2014

a sleepy baby getting ready for her bedtime bath
a quiet lunch in the comfort of my living room
trying to escape
home-made guacamole to go with a fajita dinner
a serious little girl

Home sweet home! After being away for nearly two weeks we are back in Ottawa, ready to get back to our regular routine. We stocked up on groceries, unpacked all our suitcases and settled in for a relaxing Sunday, just the 3 of us. 


Back in a baby proofed apartment, Tavi had free reign and in between playing with her new Christmas toys, she spent the afternoon crawling from room to room. She's a smart little cookie and keeps me on my toes! She likes to get into things and knows the meaning of certain words like mama, dada, no, yes, kitty, bath and when you ask her where her nose is (or where yours is) she'll point to it. She's a little sponge, soaking everything in - I'm really going to have to watch what I say from now on!


25 thoughts:

  1. Seriously Tavi has the most beautiful eyes :)
    P.S. Love the anthropologie dishes

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures! such a lovely age when they start crawling and walking, even though it is pretty hard work keeping up with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures. It is nice to be in the comfort of your own home. Its better for little one too since you don't have to keep saying no when they are at other people's places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love traveling, but it really is the best feeling when you finally come home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. look at those big eyes!
    what a cutie!!
    & uh! I think my favorite thing ever is to just come home from a trip-- nothing beats it!
    xx Corinne
    cateyesandthighhighs.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah yes, the moment where you realize they are actually paying attention! what a doll! i'm glad your back home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwww! she is darling. And that sammie looks sooooo scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely photos! i could devour that sandwich right now - it looks amazing!
    have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, that sandwich looks delicious! #hungry

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so sweet to watch your child engaged in such hard work! It's certainly my favorite part of being a teacher.

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such gorgeous pics!!! Your lil baby!!! OMG..soooooo beautiful!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love her cheeks, they remind me of my little niece. she is so sweet. it's nice to be back in the comfort of your home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooiii she's such a cutie!! look at those cheeks! this is the fun but exhausting stage I've babysat pretty much all my cousins regularly at this age and it was my favourite :)
    xo
    http://thefashionistabubble.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my goodness! cutest little gal! and that food looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. aaahh. so sweet. love the images. your lunch looks delicious! and your baby is so adorable!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved the pictures...I loved when we got back home too....something comforting about being home!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet, sweet baby! I really got a sense of home from these photos - so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is always so nice to be back in your own space particularly with kids. When we went to Texas, I was exhausted chasing my kids around the house because it wasn't babyproofed. When I get home I can just let them roam and not worry about them.

    Tavi is such a sweet little girl. Can you believe she is going to be 1 in a few months? Crazy right.

    ReplyDelete
  19. She is so adorable! My sister completely has to watch what she says around my niece. She is picking up everything!

    Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww she is cute. How many months? I have 7 month old twins (boy and girl). Love her outfit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is 9 months :) that's awesome you have twins, I was actually secretly hoping i'd have some, even though they don't run in either of our families!

      Delete
  21. She is getting so big! I can't believe she's crawling around and taking her first steps already. I love her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the 'trying to escape' photo of the top of her head and those teeny tiny (but curious) hands!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger