outfit - a modern day hippie look

Jan 11, 2014

coat Vintage
San Hose Maxi Dress Blesse'd are the Meek via Free People
sweater H&M
Liza Felt Hat Club Monaco
jewellery Vintage/Byward Market/Modern Primitive


This is possibly my favourite outfit of all time, even if it did warrant a few stares yesterday. Maybe it was the hat? Oh Ottawa, I love you but you're such a conservative city! 

I scored this maxi dress when Free People was having a boxing day sale and I regret not getting it in multiple colours. It's absolutely fabulous; well made, fits perfectly and has interesting details that makes it just a little different.

Definitely a keeper.

32 thoughts:

  1. I love your style so damn much! It looks put together, but effortless and comfortable!

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. My god this outfit is amazing! I would have stared trying to figure out what I liked most about the outfit. Everything is fantastic from the jewellery to the hat, but I think the dress is my favourite. You look fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look is so pretty!! Ottawa can be pretty conservative, this look is a breath of fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this look and would wear it in a hot minute, even with the stares;) I have never been in a Free People store, which is probably a good thing from a $$$ standpoint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Free People, gorgeous dress and I love your styling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous dress, I love your jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word, I am obsessed! I usually save my inner hippie outfits for summer days, but I'm tempted to break out the maxi skirts and dresses right now after this <3
    Haha, I love love love your dress, the crochet panels, your adorable hat, and the stacked jewelry. Hippie perfection!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  8. really lovely! the hat and the bag are fab with it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the jewels, esp your thumb rings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning! Love everything about your look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything about your style!! It's so distinctive and I wish I could master the perfect combination of carefree yet put together as you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look absolutely stunning! (maybe that's why people were looking ;)
    I'm in love with every piece of your jewelry & oh my goodness, that free people dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous! I really like the bold piles of jewelry and the crochet/sequin details of your dress. I'm sure that the stares you got were admiring ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its a great look! Unless you live in a city like nyc, people stare, I find it especially true in LA. I try not to think about it too much. The hat is amazing and i bet people were just jealous you can pull it off so well!
    Beautiful, loving everything!
    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful! I love all your jewelery choices as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. Your jewellery is absolutely AMAZING and the whole outfit is just to die for. Can I have everything, please? ;) - Juliana

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the dress! And those bracelets and rings are so cute.
    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look like you could be in a Free People ad in this outfit. Love the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The jewelry and that coat are amazing!!!! You look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for your comment recently- our date night was awesome and the purse was a wedding gift :) I know what you mean about outfits and stares good or bad! But no matter what others think its you and your taste that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  21. you look amazing, your style is fantastic, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. love this look! that hat is fabulous!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute cute cute! I love everything about this outfit. Especially the rings. I'm totally obsessing over rings!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are AMAZING at accessorizing! Gorgeous <3.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You seriously make maxi dresses look so great all the time! I love the hat, too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this. Such a great maxi! The detail is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow it looks AMAZING on you :) I hope you had a great weekend dear.

    Check out my new post....Lovely HM decor :)

    Have a fab week

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - inredning it's, Swedish for decor :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hopefully the stares were of the good variety?? (it's Ottawa, who knows). You know, I came up with the name for my blog after gazing at a gorgeous outfit on the street. The girl was walking towards me and I didn't want to stare for uncomfortably long, so I did that surreptitious turn-around-once-she's-walked-past and look again to catch all the details - hence, 'a second glance'! I love the breath of fresh air your fashion brings to the city. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really lke your boho style! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I´m on page 2 of yr blog, and I´m loving yr boho style. I´´ve pinned it on pinterest...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger