sunday series - home for the holidays, ramblings at 11:24pm

Dec 29, 2013


The craziness of Christmas has died down and all the visiting is catching up to me. I'm fighting sleep as I type this so... disjointed sentences it is.

I think it's time to get a small, digital camera simply for the sake of taking family photos that have all 3 of us in them. In the hands of others, most of my DSLR photos turn out like the one above.

We (well Jay's parents) lost power Christmas day because of the ice storm. We figured it out in the middle of the night and brought Tavi into bed with us to stay warm and snuggle. It was awesome and I think we may be future co-sleepers for baby number 2!

Despite the lack of power on Christmas we still managed to have a great day. Everyone had the attitude of the more the merrier, so we moved everything to a relative's place that had power and carried on as normal.

Tavi didn't care about presents. At all. Besides all the new people and places the thing she seemed to like the most was the mashed potatoes and gravy. We'll see what happens next year!

Thanks to Santa *ahem Jay* I will finally be taking a photography course. It's something I'm really looking forward too, by the end I hope to be able to shoot fully in manual. I feel like I've gotten lazy with taking pictures lately, hopefully this will challenge me to try a little harder and push myself creatively.

I hope you all enjoyed the holidays and were able to spend them with the people you love :)

In other news, one of my outfits was featured on Effortless Anthropologie's reader round-up, thank you Roxy and you can find the full post here!

10 thoughts:

  1. Such a shame that you lost power for Christmas but glad that you managed to make the most of it anyway. I have resorted to a simpler camera too for when out and about because missed out on so many good photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm glad you still enjoyed your holiday.

    Also- yay for the photography class; it sounds like it will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw poo!! No power on Christmas?! I know there's always a way to manage around it but still what an inconvenience!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeek! I'm glad you were able to turn lemons into lemonade. Happy for you getting to take a photography course this year. It'll pay dividends as you get nice shots of Tavi and she grows up (and your potential future baby number 2!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy holidays! what a great gift idea...i could use some lessons in photography as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely gift from Jay. I love photography so anything that helps improve your craft is always welcome. Hope you share some tips once you are doing the course :).

    Happy new year to you and your lovely family

    ReplyDelete
  7. seems like you made the best of the situation. thats all you can do! merry christmas :)

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas you guys. Yes, get a small digital otherwise you will go crazy trying to explain the DSLR to people. Plus it's easier to take places so that can be your on the go camera.

    Cosleeping is fun, I highly recommend it :). I've enjoyed it throughout the years thought I must say I am ready to be done with it. Our 3-year old still sleeps in our bed :). Yeah we are like the forever cosleeper over here. We hope to get him out in 2014, fingers crossed.

    Happy New Year to you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas! I hope you have your power back.

    I know what you mean about the DSLR. My brothers both have one and while they manage to capture really good pictures, I am really not all that good when I use their cameras. So I am taking this year to learn more about photography and then will decide at the end of the year if I want to get one.

    Co-sleeping is fun! I love it! Getting the kid out of our bed? A whole nother story. My daughter sleeps in her crib for the most part but she has to fall asleep in our bed first which can be tiresome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I say keep up with DSLR, I took one photo class this past year, but other than that I taught myself everything (youtube is really helpful as well). I feel I came a LONG way in 6 months! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger