sunday series: it's christmas party season!!

Dec 8, 2013




This weekend our friends had their annual Christmas party and it was extra special because it was their first year hosting it as a married couple (you may have seen pics of the dino-themed wedding on instagram). Jay wasn't able to come the party because he was out of town for work, bummer, and Tavi stayed with Grandma and Grandpa. This meant since I only had myself to get ready and get out the door I arrived on time!

Being one of the first ones there made taking pictures of the Christmas goodies easy; I got evidence of all the hard work that went into planning and baking for the party before the guests devoured everything! I was really impressed with the stacked cookie Christmas tree, it's such a clever idea and turned out so well. Most of the guests seemed to think it was too pretty to eat so it survived the evening unscathed. There were lots appetizers to go along with the sweets and eggnog and mulled wine made for a very happy crowd :)

I was looking forward to the party all week, but was a bit nervous because I'm shy and there were going to be a lot of people I hadn't met before or had only met once or twice there. Sometimes in situations like these nerves can get the best of you but I'm happy to say that I enjoyed myself and am now officially in holiday mode!

16 thoughts:

  1. Such pretty pics. Thanks for taking these photos. I totally got some ideas for future holiday parties I may host!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good time! Everything looks so good! I wouldn't have wanted to eat the cookie tree either:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tree looks amazing and those cupcakes look delish.

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you had a good time and that you were able to get over the nervousness. Believe me, I know how it is :) Everything looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cupcakes look so pretty! It looks like you had a great time with friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The food looks yummy, you look great, happy holidays x

    ReplyDelete
  7. those stacked cookies are such a fun idea!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I may have to steal the stacked cookie idea! Cute :)
    Glad you had fun
    D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cookie tree! I'm currently in stressed out holiday mode, but all of this stuff still makes me smile.

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos could be right out of a magazine. I could have sworn I'd seen that cookie 'tree' on your blog last year but I guess it was somewhere else! I hear it's so easy to get wrapped up in being 'mom' and 'wife' that you forget your other identities - glad you can reclaim 'holiday party attendee' and 'guest extraordinaire' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These pictures capture the holiday spirit perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that cookie tree! What an excellent idea! Now I am thinking I want to do something similar.

    Looks like it was a fun party. I love when folks throw parties at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a fun party...i'm glad you were able to step out of your comfort zone and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That cookie tree is amazing!!!! Looks like a fun party. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAY for feeling festive. Holiday parties are my absolute favorite, actually Christmastime is my favorite time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds(and looks!) like you had an amazing party! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger