outfit: this is more like it!

Dec 16, 2013

dress Free People Nightingale Dress (on sale in store)
coat Anthropologie
boots Feud (c/o Free People)
necklaces top to bottom Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, Vintage

This past weekend Jay was in Toronto for work and I came with him, while little Tavi got to stay with Grandma and Grandpa. While Jay was in meetings I had the opportunity to visit friends and do some shopping even though it meant navigating the subway system. There was a massive snow storm on Saturday so driving anywhere was not the best idea!

I had the chance to visit the Free People store (there are only two in Canada) and I was happy to find this nightingale dress which I had been stalking on-line forever, marked down to next to nothing. It's one of those pieces that will get a lot of wear so I didn't hesitate to buy it! It sort of reminds me of the nightgown dress I wore to Jay's work Christmas party last year, but the lace trim makes it slightly different.


It's always good to step outside of your comfort zone every once and awhile (like I did in the last post), but to be honest, I feel best when I wear things that I really love, like this dress. 


16 thoughts:

  1. It's a beautiful dress and looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous look. The vintage nightgown look really suits you!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soft meets tough in a most fashionable way. The dress and jewelry surely are soft and airy. I surely love the style of this dress. The boots look very tough while not overdoing it. This outfit, then, is a wonderful balance wonderfully done.

    johnbmarine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very nice dress and you wear it well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loveeeeee this! I have never been in an actual Free People store and that is probably for the best, too dangerous! Loving how you styled this with the black accents and hope you enjoyed your baby free weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ADORE everything about this outfit. The dress, the boots- It's all fabulous! You can never go wrong with free people <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I <3 the pairing of these boots with this dress. It's soft yet tough! I adore outfits where the accessories are unexpected and you just provided that. :D

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, you look amazing! Love this dress on you. Very feminine and romantic :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This dress is absolutely dreamy!

    Ashley
    not haute

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your style! I just found your blog through life of toi and so glad I did. I'm your newest follower :)

    http://babycravings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's such a wonderfully romantic dress!! I love how you've given the outfit a little edge with the boots! Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this look because it is so you! very flowy and beautiful! xx. gigi. www.gigikkitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. that my friend, is a hippie lace dress. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas, to you!! So glad you found your coveted piece, on sale!! woohoo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger