a year in review part 1 - outfits

Dec 23, 2013












1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12

It's that time of year again, time to look back on all your style posts and figure out what was good and what was bad, what worked and what didn't. I keep reading that fashion blogs are over, and I noticed this year that many of the bloggers who started around the same time that I did have quit. Blogging is rewarding in so many ways but it can also be so incredibly frustrating. It's tough to stay true to yourself, but in the end that's what makes it enjoyable. I think, from my experience anyways, that if you blog about what you like, even if it's not the most popular thing you'll meet people who share similar interests. Because of this I still love blogging and reading your blogs so I plan on continuing in the new year.

Blogging has challenged me to stay creative when getting dressed and not fall into a rut and I have to say, after putting this post together that I'm pretty sure of my style. I love lace, white lace specifically, neutral colours and smaller scale patterns and prints. I've ventured out of my comfort zone a few times and outfits that have more of a 60s/mod vibe to them (like this one) work for me, and the ones that try to incorporate pieces that are more tailored and classic don't. It's just not my thing. I always end up hating those outfits and it takes everything in me not to delete those posts off the blog! 

I survived dressing a massive pregnant belly, though there were a few days (possibly weeks) where I resorted to leggings because the amount of effort required to find something decent to wear was just too much work. I also survived the 'wow you're getting huge' comments in that last month of pregnancy - seriously that's the worst thing you can say to a pregnant woman, EVER!! I also managed not to hurt anyone who uttered those words, a pretty astounding feat let me tell you! 

I added a few purses to my collection but still haven't found a replacement for my grungy fringed black purse. Every time I use it I notice just how ratty and gross it's become, yet I can't seem to let it go. I also realized my winter wardrobe is really lacking, and I think that's because I just don't like winter. Going forward that's something I need to work on, since you know, it's cold in Canada 9 months out of the year!

last year's year in review post here

18 thoughts:

  1. love this recap!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looks, all round! I resorted to leggings pretty much exclusively at the end. Thankfully, in France, I didn't get any awful comments like that, but I did get major stares near the end when I was really sticking out. Happy Christmas to you and yours and have a lovely baby's first Christmas! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was not too long ago I started following "Hippie Lace" after you found one of my blogs. My favorite outfits from this collection are the lace dress from the first line and the white maxi dress with the tribal and blue accessories.

    johnbmarine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea, love the recap of all your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't think your winter wardrobe is lacking, but i know how you feel...it's hard in the cold!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a fabulous year pretty lady! You rocked that pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really love your outfits and your style and it's right, blogging really helps not to fall in a routine when it comes to dressing up! shame on the pregnancy comments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this recap! you have a great style.
    Merry Christmas!

    Style Without Limits
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the 3rd and 9th looks! happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you rock boho looks with elegance, doll! and managed to keep it up during your pregnancy (which is NOT easy at all) you look like a free people model! ;) happy holidays, babe! xoxo

    http://bohemiansbanquet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great idea. I love your style and particularly the way you styled your bump.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your style and how you managed to put some great maternity outifts together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Adore your style. Looking forward to continuing to follow you in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so happy to hear you'll keep up the blogging. I've noticed the same trends with bloggers dropping off the radar. Our styles are at pretty opposite ends of the spectrum (your tailored and classic comment? that's me, obv!) but nevertheless I REALLY enjoy reading your posts. I love your creativity in accessorizing and layering and seeing outfits come together. And on those occasions when I get the urge to dip my toe in Hippie Lace territory, your style always comes to mind!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I absolutely adore each one of your outfits and would wear them in a heart beat! I love your blog and am going to put one of your buttons on my page:)
    Xoxo
    Kendra
    www.fashionstylingbykendra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute outfits, especially 9&10. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think it's great that you've figured out your personal style. I find that I'm much more comfortable in tailored clothes, to be honest, because my chestiness makes it hard to pull off things that are looser. You look fantastic in flowy dresses, though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger