sunday series/family life: our lazy sunday

Nov 3, 2013


Sometimes you just need a day where you hang out at home and chill with your fam. 

Last weekend we went back to my hometown to celebrate my birthday and Tavi and I ended up staying for the entire week! My birthday was great, I had the best of both worlds, going out to one of the best restaurants in town (Woodenheads) one night, then having a birthday dinner with family the next. I even fit in a day trip to Toronto with my friend and of course we had to stop at Anthropologie. We spent far too long in that store, which I'm sure happens to everyone and I think I got her hooked on Anthro! It's probably best there isn't one in Ottawa.

Besides shopping and eating birthday cake for breakfast, I got to spend time with my childhood friends. Some of us have been friends for almost 20 years, but it seems like just yesterday we were waiting for the school bus and sneaking out after curfew. There are three of us who have babies close in age and when we got together we dressed the kids up in Halloween costumes (I borrowed one since I didn't have Tavi's with me) but the babies weren't really feeling it. I managed to get one picture where no one was crying, but it was pretty tricky!


On Halloween Tavi was a shark and she lasted about 5 minutes in her costume. We decided that it was probably best if she helped hand out candy dressed as a baby!

We came back to Ottawa late Friday afternoon and I can't really say where Friday and Saturday went, but I do know that I got a lot accomplished. When I woke up this morning the first thing I thought was how awesome it was I didn't have to do anything or be anywhere today! Jay was off so we had our own little family day. We basically hung around the house and went for a walk to get hot chocolate in the afternoon. 

Nothing too crazy or exciting, but it was great. After a week on the go it was just what we all needed. 



Now all I need to do today is convince Jay it's not too early to start watching Christmas movies.


15 thoughts:

  1. You guys are such a sweet family! Sounds like a great couple of days.

    I think I'm with Jay...I LOVE Christmas movies!

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgosh cutest overload!! Ian's costume was a sleeper so he didn't even realize he was in one, otherwise he would be just like Tavi -- five minutes and then over it!

    You guys all look adorable! Happy Birthday dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! Adorable! You guys are too cute! \^.^/ x

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute! you have such a beautiful family. love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such cute photos!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such great photos! Ha ha, and we have already started listening to Christmas music at my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birtyday.xoxox

    Hahaha, the babies in costume are so adorable. and Tavis eyes...man she's soooo adorable. Sounds like u had a super birthday week! And I must say, it certainley isnt too early for christmas movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday. breakfast pictures look amazing. I love the pictures of your little T, she is really adorable. and her pumpkin suit is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dude, it's so nice to have those days of total relaxation at home doing nothing but hanging out with the fam. We had an awesome lazy weekend here too. It was grand.

    Happy Birthday by the way, hope you had an amazing time celebrating.

    I want Tavi's hat, it's so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummmm! And that pic of Tavi peeking over the table is beyond adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. adorable photos, and that meal looks tasty! how cute is tavi in her green hat. i guess she wasn't feeling the costume thing. seems like her friends weren't either. your birthday sounded awesome. great friendships are one of the best things in life. good luck convincing jay with the christmas movies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tavi is so cute! I cannot get enough of her — and her cute little hat. And happy birthday! It's never too early to watch Christmas movies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos! What a lovely family you have. :D
    And now I crave Tims!

    Choo Choo
    http://choochooli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reading your Sunday posts is soothing. I know there's crying, dirty diapers, and sleep deprivation going on behind the scenes, but these posts remind people why we decide to embark on these crazy journeys called starting families. Bliss!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger