not so casual kimono

Nov 12, 2013

headband Urban Outfitters
long necklace Vintage, shorter Necklace F21
faux-fur collar coat H&M
purse Cleobella
sheer blouse Wilfred (Aritzia)
shoes Jeffrey Campbell Gene

Wearing kimonos can be tricky. Whenever I wear one I always ask myself if my outfit could be mistaken for pajamas. If the answer is yes I change something before leaving the house so it doesn't look like I'm heading off to bed. Currently this is my favourite kimono, I love the colours and it's mid-thigh length. It's by that elusive brand Flying Tomato, who makes amazing, colourful bohemian clothing that's nearly impossible to find on-line. 

21 thoughts:

  1. I was in Forever 21 today and there were SO MANY different kimonos available! All beautiful. I didn't buy any, but I was tempted. ;)

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this kimono is so amazing! I love how dramatic and eye catching it is :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great in this Kimono. Great job!

    http://zoharous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimono,necklace,your hair !!! Wou ! Beautiful ! :)
    **
    merypolock.blogspot.sk

    ReplyDelete
  5. your hair looks AMAZING here!! love!!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha thanks!! it is LONG over-due for a wash (and cut & colour)!

      Delete
  6. Obsessed! The kimono is beautiful and that jacket over it looks amazing, too. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a darling outfit! I LOVE your kimono!! :)

    http://www.leopardmartini.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You pulled off that kimono so well! It looks great and I love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That kimono and the necklace is such a beautiful combo!!!!! you look amazing!

    http://bohemiansbanquet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely kimono! I have never tried wearing one beyond just my robes, but this is pretty special. Definitely bohemian chic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO GORGEOUS, Em! And that braid... I am so envious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It might be tricky, but you do it so well!!! This is gorgeous. And your braid!!! Oh my…so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've pulled it off well. I don't own one but this is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your kimono and necklace are both beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd never think this could be mistaken for pajamas (really?) Maybe my sleepwear just veers too far from the kimono variety ;) Anyways, I think you're safe because your hair and makeup are done and you're rocking some (amazing) jewellery. I didn't realize you'd layered necklaces until I read through to the bottom. Love this look!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your HAIR! It's so beautiful! And I love that necklace, too. You make everything look cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can I ask where you bought the Kimono? I have looked on-line bit can't find it. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got this kimono from lulus.com and the brand is the flying tomato. I have seen their stuff pop up on amazon.com and forelyse.com from time to time so you could check those sites. it's a great brand (i was impressed with the quality because it was pretty inexpensive) but it seems to be hard to find on-line. good luck!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger