style spotlight: The Fashion Junkiie

Nov 16, 2013


I figured once a month would be a good frequency to post about fashion blogs I love. Even though it seems like personal style blogs are one the wane, I still love them because they're how I discover great on-line stores and clothing companies that fit my aesthetic. If it weren't for the internet I'm not sure what I'd be wearing! 


One of my favourite blogs to read is Fashion Junkiie despite the fact I'm constantly swearing at google translate under my breath because most of the translations make absolutely no sense. I remind myself I come for fashion not the words so I carry on. Lynn's style is strongly grunge influenced and her outfits are fairly simple, but really interesting at the same time. She tends to wear a lot of neutrals; blacks, whites, greys with the odd print or pattern thrown in, but because she chooses pieces that have interesting details and cuts, her outfits are anything but boring.

The best part about this blog is it's very much what fashion blogs are suppose to be! Candid shots, goofing around with friends and snippets of Lynn's personal life. It's a blog that is very real as opposed to many blogs that have become so stylized and monetized they're no longer very relatable. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great when bloggers and brands work together, it just needs to make sense.


5 thoughts:

  1. love the tartan look<3
    http://thatswhywesmile.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just introduced me to a new fashion blogger for me to follow! I love her style :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that skirt in the first photo!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. To me, brands and blogs working together makes it look fake most of the time. No one dresses like in magazines to their daily activities... Anyway this is in deed a cool blog, shes got a cool style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it can work if it's done right but it's true when people go overboard with c/o stuff and their outfits start straying from the bloggers original aesthetic it can look fake and crappy.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger