Sunday Series: an afternoon at Charleston Lake

Oct 13, 2013


Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians! We are back home for the holiday weekend and taking advantage of the beautiful fall weather. Earlier today Jay and I took a picnic lunch out to Charleston Lake and spent most of morning with Tavi out on the hiking trails. It's nice being back home, such a different way of life compared to living in the city. No one locks their doors or cars, you don't think twice about walking to a friends after dark and everything is pretty low key. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely a city girl, I just appreciate spending a few days in the country now and then.


I know it's Sunday Series, but can we talk about this sweet vintage poncho for a second? It was only a couple of days ago that I was talking about how I hadn't been able to find one and wouldn't you know the day after I wrote that post I found one! It was the first thing I saw walking into the huge Value Village on Bank Street and once I grabbed it, it seemed like everyone else wanted it too! I put it down for a second to look at some Navajo blankets when a lady casually walked over and tried to take it. Of course she was polite and gave it back to me once I pointed out it was mine, but still! In the fitting rooms another lady kept eyeing the poncho up every time I came out to look in the mirror. Finally she asked where I found it and commented that I had gotten all the good clothes! Seriously though, who would have thought old 70's ponchos were in such demand?

15 thoughts:

  1. Looks ravishingly lovely, just like you. ;)

    I'll admit, I'm a city girl as well, but nothing turns me into a blabbering little girl like the country.

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! I'm a city girl but sometimes being in the country is necessary. For a day or two ;)

    Too funny about your poncho story! Glad you got all the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty photos! love the colors

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Canada. Although no offense, but they don't know quite how to celebrate Thanksgiving-at least not the way I pictured it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha we do have the traditional thanksgiving dinner - we had one tonight with jays family (20ish people) and we have my family's dinner tomorrow. maybe I should do a part two post and show the turkey dinner etc :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all these happy snapshots from your fall themed life. Got to appreciate the supply/demand hilarities of 70s style ponchos. Wouldn't mind stumbling upon one myself..

    ReplyDelete
  7. That poncho is amazing. I love the color and the texture! No wonder people were fighting over it. Also, I'm dying over Tavi's little outfit. You are both so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thrifting can be so cut throat sometimes!! i love the poncho on you! and that picture is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that headband of tavi is so wonderful! and I love your poncho! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to go to Charleston lake for family trips all the time as a kid! It must be so gorgeous there this time of year. Great score on the poncho ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you had a wonderful afternoon! I'm so glad that you found the poncho! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful pictures and the poncho is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. glorious photos! see em k, didn't i tell ya, you'd find a poncho? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Thanksgiving to you guys. Hope you had a great time celebrating.
    I love me some country time. I am not much of a city girl anyway so that works for me. Such beautiful pics and by the way, I am loving Tavi's bow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you found your beloved poncho! You're being upstaged by your daughter though. Those Swiss dot yellow pants, coordinating cardigan and floral headband are too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger