Spell & The Gypsy Collective | Lookbook Goodness

Oct 10, 2013

 

These lookbook photos from Spell and the Gypsy Collective's line sums up what I'd love my closet to be. Lots of layers, lace, fringe and turquoise rings. Everything balanced out by opposites. Sheer shirts with chunky jewellery. Airy dresses with heavy-duty boots. Although these light-weight kimonos and blouses aren't the most practical going into winter (Ottawa gets so cold!) my I've got to make this work side says adding some tights and a sweater would make these wearable.

I'm mainly stuck on the poncho in the first photo. For weeks and weeks I've been searching for one; at thrift stores, ebay and etsy with no luck. I'm a little surprised because they're not something in high-demand, I figured I'd come across one or two I liked by now. It hasn't happened yet so I guess that poncho might be it!


More posts on Spell and The Gypsy Collective here & here

17 thoughts:

  1. can i have it all, please? and yes, buy that poncho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great you love the brand, I actually ordered a fringed kimono from their site and I think it will be brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the jewelry! I have such a hard time buying it. I need to get over that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos.
    Nice!

    http://closertotheedgeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look! I think i'd like some of this in my closet also! That poncho is amazing!
    In response to your question, I've met other moms at the park or i joined mom groups and gym classes. I've asked moms I only met once to meet out for lunch or do a play date. I had to be pro-active about it for sure, but in the end I've met some great people:)

    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome inspiration, I love your fashion posts!

    Jordan | Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  7. I REALLY like that one look that has the beige slip belted in with a black cardigan looking top. great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah spell & gypsy collective always has the most beautiful photos and the most beautiful pieces!! I agree that poncho is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these photos, so pretty and perfect!

    Have a fantastic day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooo i like these! don't give up em k, i know you, & i know you'll find one. it'll probably be when you least expect it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Images like these always capture my imagination! I hope you find the perfect poncho soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That jewellery is all to die for!

    -Emma

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all of this stuff! I agree with you- I wish I had all of this in my closet. The poncho is so cute but I don't know if I could pull it off. Hope that you find one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know, I can already see your style strongly reflected in these photos, and I think you do an admirable job bringing the look into winter. I can't believe you haven't been able to find a poncho like the one in the photo. What about hiring someone from a knitting circle to make you one?
    I love the cream, tan and brown colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know if this is quite the style of poncho you're after, but I found the one I wore in this post at the Guess store at College Square a few years ago:
    http://asecondglanceblog.blogspot.ca/2011/04/signs-of-spring.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Um, can I just have everything? I'd love for my closet to look like this as well, all of those beautiful silver rings! (And the boots, dude, those are just cool.) I love this look book, I had to save the pictures for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger