outfit: spotted

Oct 23, 2013


scarf, studded flats & linen pants Zara
trooper jacket Talula (Aritzia)
diaper bag Petunia Picklebottom
hat & turtleneck Club Monaco

Turtlenecks can be tricky things to wear. They have to be just right, or they look weird and frumpy. Too thick a material makes them bulky and hard to layer, if they're not cut long enough they're uncomfortable as you're always pulling them down. This Club Monaco turtleneck is just the right everything; light-weight, long and interesting, it's a great piece for cool fall weather!

31 thoughts:

  1. love this look with the jacket and scarf layered on top! so cute

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    check out my chloe + isabel giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bold! I love it. I have a mostly hate relationship with turtlenecks. Boobs, dude. They make turtlenecks so hard to pull off! Looks great on you, though!

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. love, love, love this look! i don't know how many pull off turtlenecks but you did it! gorgeous hat too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you just come help me shop?! I love every outfit you put together....I'm great at pairing jeans and a semi-cute top, but that's IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this outfit! and I love the purple hat on you! Great post.

    Miriam
    The Bittersweet Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great look for fall! Love it!
    goodbadandfab.com
    personal style and life musings of an LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this outfit especially the hat! I haven't worn a turtle neck for years, probably for those reasons. The leopard print looks great, definitely not at all frumpy,

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome outfit! love the braid so much. perfect pairings too between the hat, pants and amazing printed top! xx. gigi. www.gigikkitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm not brave enough for turtle necks..they never look right on me. but you rock it well! cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the little pop of colour that the hat brings, and works really nicely with the neutral tones. Love the play on proportions too. Stay warm!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE all your fall colors in this outfit!! And I especially love your hat pretty momma!! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. girl. how am i JUST now finding + following your blog. i'm drooling over here. youuuuur style is my inspration. GAH! i just scrolled through the whole page and oooed and aaaahed at each pic. you're a rock star. looking forward to following along now..yay!
    xx
    elise

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually love this outfit and that purple hat, way cool. I am always cold so I love turtlenecks in the Winter. They can be tricky though but you pulled it off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a clever construction of disparate elements. It works as a whole although I'm not sure how you reached that point. If I'd tried to do this, it would have ended up as a hot mess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great combo! I tried to pin it to Pinterest to share with the world but it wouldn't let me. Sad face.

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are just all kinds of wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That turtle neck is super chic! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. it is so hot in Hawaii...I want fall weather and your outfit! I love the zara shoes and linen pants...Are those pants online now? I need! You look sharp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pants are from Zara's spring collection but I think they carry similar styles now/quite often.

      Delete
  19. I LOVE your outfit! Those shoes are amazing, and I love the pants and the turtleneck! Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think that's a great way to wear a turtleneck! Your outfit looks cozy and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, you look amazing! These colours are perfectly wonderful for fall and I love your hat!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those shoes.... I love them! And I was just thinking how I wish it would get a lot colder down here just to wear turtle necks or cute layered fall/winter clothing (I'm in Miami, so that may not happen, lol).

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your hat is just darling! I have a real hate-on for mock-necks, it's all-or-nothing for me. I love the elegance of a slim full-length turtleneck like yours. And I'd love to see more turtleneck minidresses which I think are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh how i envy you right now! A turtle is one thing i wish i could rock, pity it just makes me look wee. I also recently acquired a velvet half turtle neck mini dress.. maybe ill give it a go.

    xE

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have a love-hate thing with turtlenecks. I love them so much but they don't go well with breastfeeding (for me) and being tall means that they are almost guaranteed to be too short. You are rocking it well! Perfect fall outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a cute hat and those shoes are fabulous!

    xo, Delightful Sunflower

    ReplyDelete
  27. beautiful outfit! that color of your hat on you, and those shoes. hooray for finding the right turtle neck. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger