Sunday Series/Family Life: Nerding it up at the Star Wars Identities Exhibit

Sep 1, 2013


For weeks jay has been saying he wanted to check out the Star Warsexhibit at the Aviation Museum and finally last Thursday we were able too go. I like Star Wars as much as the next person, I know who most of the main characters are; Yoda, Luke Skywalker, Hans Solo etc, but I'm not super into Star Wars so I wasn't sure if I'd like this exhibit or not! 
 
Once we started the tour it was clear it was meant to engage everyone. In addition to having original costumes and memorabilia on display it was interactive. The theme was identities and there was a ton of info presented in interesting ways to demonstrate how  a persons identity can be formed. Overall it was pretty fun and Tavi liked it too. She slept for a bit in her stroller but when she woke up she wanted out and to see what was going on! When we left and I looked at the time I couldn't believe we had been there for over 2 hours, it didn't seem like that long at all.
 
I have to say my favourite part was the Darth Vader costume - even though I knew it was just a costume it was still a bit creepy!
 

17 thoughts:

  1. Love your Sunday series! Tavi is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I'm glad you and your beautiful little family had a great time. Ps: Tavi is the cutest. I'm sure you know that, though. ;)

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your everyday photos...Tavi is such a cutie...Love these little glimpses into your life x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such nerds :). I love the family pic, Tavi is so adorable, I am loving the rolls on her arm :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too awesome! I'd love to see that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, she's gotten so big! (She has such big and beautiful eyes, I love that last picture of her. what a total cutie pie!) This looks like a really fun family outting, she must be getting to the age now where she really noticed stuff and that makes it really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So. awesome. I love the Darth Vader! How funny that Tavi enjoyed it, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a total nerd. Would have loved this. I went to a dr who exhibition and there were men walking around in these robots (cybeman) costumes and i was hysterical, like i knew they weren't real but i couldn't help it!

    x Eloise - Jazzlipsandtulips

    ReplyDelete
  9. how cool is this?! we went to a Star Trek exhibit last summer and it was an epic experience but this....WOW! so fun. i'm sure Tavi's 1st intro into the Star Wars world will make her a fan for life :) happy weekend you guys! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great day to enjoy family, being nerdy (the best way to be) and Star Wars.
    By the way your outfits is super-cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg! she is getting so big and shes adorable! great day out. xx. gigi. ww.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. your family is so cute and it really must be amazing to go such an exhabition with a cutie like yours .)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm very jealous! This looks a fabulous exhibition. I love the Darth Vader too. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun experience, did not know we had this exhibit just 5 hours away from my city. I'll definitely check the Star Warsexhibit at the Aviation Museum, when I come to Ottawa.

    ps. your daughter, Tavi is so adorable, I love babies with chubby cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is this one of those exhibitions where visitors get their geek on and come dressed up in the characters? Tavi's pudgy little arms are sooooo adorable! And those eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger