Sunday Series/Family Life: a day at the park

Sep 15, 2013

*** I have a couple of blogger events to go to this week, so it looks like I'll be able to post some fun outfit photos soon - it's been way too long!***


pics from our lazy Sunday

About 2 weeks ago I re-joined the gym, it's been about a year since I've had an actual workout routine and months since I belonged to a gym. I cancelled my membership half way through my pregnancy when it became clear I wouldn't be doing much more than walking at a snails pace. It feels so good to be active again! It took a couple of weeks for my body to adjust to expending so much energy and I chose sleep over blogging but things have finally balanced out. I like having goals and I keep hemming and hawing over registering for the Ottawa City Marathon next May. Realistically I have more than enough time to train so I should just go for it and have something to motivate me.

Another great thing about belonging to a gym is all the family programs offered. Now that it's cooled down outside, we've been taking Tavi swimming at the gym pool and even have her enrolled in a baby swim class - which she loves! 

Sundays are my favourite day of the week, Jay is off and it's our lazy, do stuff together day. We took Tavi to a new park and put her in a baby swing for the first time. She really didn't know what to make of it but after awhile she was like ok, I like this! My little baby is growing up so fast, she's rolling over, attempting to crawl and can sit up on her own for a few seconds before (slowly) tipping over. She's so much fun, it's kind of weird how well she fits into our lives. A lot has changed yet it seems like she's always been a part of our family.

Also, a few weeks ago I mentioned I was thinking about trying a crib bumper... well I did and it was on the crib for all of 2 seconds. I was so paranoid Tavi would roll into it and suffocate that I couldn't sleep. I ended up taking it off in the middle of the night. So once again we are bumper free!

17 thoughts:

  1. Congratulations on joining a gym! Your body did an amazing thing by creating another human and now you get to do an amazing thing by running a marathon! :D

    I can't wait to see more outfit photos from you. You always have killer style, dearie. <3

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true that a baby changes things, but then you wonder what you did without them for all these years.

    I know everything says "no crib bumpers" but, we have a mesh crib bumper and I wove it in and out of the slats so it stays up and I don't have to worry about Wyatt pulling on it. But you have to do what works for you.

    Tavi is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Putting the bumper pad on then taking it off again is something I would have done when my kids were babies. The things we never gave thought to before we were parents. If it makes you feel any better, my kids are 15 & 17 and I still worry about them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is SO cute! I love the pictures of her in the swing and her cute little outfit. Makes me long for a baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so looking forward to getting active! I was thinking abut joining a gym. And I have to giggle about the bumper incident! Only because I'm back to being way paranoid about everything again, too. Trust your instinct!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so looking forward to getting active! I was thinking abut joining a gym. And I have to giggle about the bumper incident! Only because I'm back to being way paranoid about everything again, too. Trust your instinct!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you!! I was just lying in bed this morning beating myself up for not being more active. It's so hard to get back into a routine!

    You should totally sign up for the marathon! I've done two, and they were so much fun-plus, it really makes training easier when you have a goal in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you for getting back to the gym! I've started going for nice, long walks to get used to moving again, but I'll be easing back into the gym soon (I hope). :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is she???? I always had a crib bumper on for my babies, and then they changed it after they moved to big beds. Glad I didn't kill them:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. SHE IS SOOOO STINKIN' CUTE!!! I love family time. My hubby's schedule is busy most days as well so there are only a handful of hours we get to spend together. And I cherish them all.
    I'm glad you are enjoying your time back at the gym. It took me a while to get back to the gym as well. It's better that way anyway. Gives your body enough time to recovery from having had a baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. she really is such a doll!! after my son was born, i started training for a marathon. i am glad i did it them (i ran it when he was 7 months) because now i don't think i would have the time to train. so i say, if you want to do it, do it now! it's super fun and great motivation. (not that you need to lose any baby weight...you look amazing!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photos are so adorable! Good for you for rejoining the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  13. completely cute tavi and family pics! em k, i remember when you said you were a runner. awesome that you're doing a marathon. go you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are back, we missed you. Way to come back with lots of family pics.

    YAY for going back to the gym again. Definitely worth it when the weather is not nice.

    Loving the family pic and that little pink bear on Tavi too cute :).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Best part of this post 'can sit up on her own for a few seconds before (slowly) tipping over' - lol. Is the first photo a case in point? WAY TO GO on getting back into a gym routine. I can imagine how hard the first few weeks have been but I'm glad you're enjoying it. If you sign up for the marathon I'll probably be volunteering at one of the water stations and I will definitely cheer you on!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an attractive family!

    I tried going back to the gym, and it was going well for a period of time but now that Ian is more active I find myself totally whipped and not able to do it :( -- it definitely takes dedication.

    Tavi is taking a swim class? how exciting!! She is soooo adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful family picture! We have a breathable crib bumper. We'll be taking it out soon though because we won't think she needs it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger