outifit: a patterned skirt + polka dots

Sep 24, 2013

 
mini-skirt Zara
polka dot sweater Kensie (The Bay)
necklace stall in Byward Market
flats & collared shirt & bracelets Forever 21
leather jacket Tulle
purse Rebecca Minkoff

On the weekend Jay and I (and of course Tavi) went downtown to meet up with his sister. She was here to run a half marathon and we had originally planned to watch her race but Tavi's schedule was an hour off from staying up late with the babysitter (I had no luck putting her to bed when she knew there was someone else around to play with) so we ended up meeting Jay's sister and her boyfriend afterwards for brunch.

 We spent some time in the afternoon walking around Byward Market where I came across an amazing stall that sold jewellery and crafts from around the world. Everything was half off because they were closing up for the season, so of course I stocked up! I got a ton of jewellery and some things for Tavi's room. I'm finding it's easier to wear big chunky necklaces with a little baby who likes to grab and pull things!
 
 One of the biggest changes to my style since having Tavi is the number of flats residing in my closet - mainly because they're the quickest thing to put on when rushing out the door! I find as long as the flats aren't too plain I don't mind wearing them.
 

24 thoughts:

  1. You look so pretty! Love the mix of patterns and the textures...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still rarely wear flats, but i know i did right after the kids were born. what a fun weekend! i saw some of your jewels on instagram and loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love, love, love this look! that skirt and leather jacket is perfection

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother-in-law was an advocate for heels, heels, heels! Then she started working and is now wearing flats. There's nothing wrong with having a balance of both, and I agree that a flat is made special by a little detail. Yours are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that look! I actually had a similar patterned skirt on today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the skirt and the jacket!! I've given up on necklaces because Ian would just rip them off. Le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the combination of the polka dot and tribal print mix! And oh my goodness, your skin is so radiant and flawless.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, i think it's the lighting that makes it look like that!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting! I love this combination of the longer shirt, shorter sweater, and mini skirt. It's kind Clueless-esque. I've tried to do it in the past, but I've never pulled it off. You look great!

    I love flats, but it's sometimes hard to find comfortable ones, and you wouldn't think that would be the case. Yours are awesome though. Forever 21 for shoes? I never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. see em k, you make everything look cool. isn't it fascinating you how some parts of your life have changed, and tavi is so worth it all! :) hooray for great sale prices, and visits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this outfit! The layers and patterns are lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love how you layer so well. the sweater is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did you get so stylish?? I would never think to mix those patterns, and it's like they were meant to be together. Simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that sweater! It goes great with that skirt. Congrats to Jay's sister!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously, flats are where it's at. My feet grew when I was pregnant (both times!) and I no longer feel like they're graceful enough for heels. Funny, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously, flats are where it's at. My feet grew when I was pregnant (both times!) and I no longer feel like they're graceful enough for heels. Funny, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all of the patterns you styled and all of the layers. Perfect for fall, edgy and trendy.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. really love that skirt! as a girl wearing flats only I agree that it is in the details if a flat looks nice or not.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha, totally forgot: I had a funny dream last night that you and your little family have been to Germany and we visited a German Christkindel-Market ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wish we had taken a quick trip over to Germany!

      Delete
    2. would have been fun to meet you! maybe one day we will make it to canada :)

      Delete
  19. I would never think of pairing polka dots with tribal print, but it looks so great! I love your flats, too, and I agree that it's so much easier to wear them when they're actually cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love how these two prints work beautifully together because they're pulled from the same colour palette. Flat shoes that are genuinely comfortable can be hard to find; yours are a thing of beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice outfit ! i like you necklace !!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger