Sunday Series/Family Life: Just Chillin

Aug 4, 2013


it's about time we have a family photo that includes all of us/her favourite game/face twins/distracted by the cat

We've been hanging out a lot in our room because we sold our couches earlier in the week and the new ones aren't here yet. Selling the old ones was a little bit of a hassle, let me tell you! We decided to list them on Kijiji expecting them to take a few weeks to sell, but we were wrong. People were contacting us within minutes of the ad posting. The first person who wanted to see them could only come the next day so we set up a time and let the other interested people know the couches were probably sold. The next day we waited and waited and waited some more. Even after calling her and leaving a message the lady just never showed up (she did however call us back 3 days later).

super.lame.

After that we bumped the ad back to the top of the search results and decided who ever could come by first could have them. Within an hour the couches were sold! Lesson learned, on Kijiji it’s easier to sell on a first come first served basis. So for now we have some empty space in our living room which has meant watching a lot of Netflix in bed! I'm excited to change up the living room, the only thing Jay and I don’t agree on is a rug; he thinks they look silly on carpet and I think they’re a great way to break up a room and pull together a space. Hopefully once he sees it all put together he’ll change his mind.

This week Tavi is still on the verge of rolling over, at least I think she is. If I lay her on her back she tends to end up on her side and during tummy time the other day she sort of rolled over... although to be honest it was more like she threw herself to one side, slightly terrifying for mama to witness! This rolling business is interrupting her sleep, sometimes in the night I’ll wake up to her little cries on the monitor and when I check on her she’s somehow wriggled to the side of the crib and she doesn't like it. I'm considering putting up a crib bumper, I know there’s a lot of controversy over using them but most of us had them when we were little and we’re all fine. It seems like it would be more comfortable than the bars of the crib.

 If you’re curious you can see other photos from our week on instagram :)

34 thoughts:

  1. You have an adorable little family, and I love your daughter's name! It's quite original. I myself grew up with a very original name and used to hate it until I got old and realized it was a special part of me. :)

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I`m glad that you love your unique name, I hope my daughter will love hers as much as we do when she gets older :)

      Delete
  2. Tavi really looks like her dad! I am sure you are tired of hearing that. ;-)

    There are so many things that parents aren't supposed to do now that we lived through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so is SO her Dad! I love when they she`s on his lap and they`re booth looking at me, it kinda blows my mind how much they look alike!

      So true, we are trying to use logic and common sense when deciding what`s best for our kiddo.

      Delete
  3. These are such lovely photos. Beautiful family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are such a beautiful family! I kinda love just hanging out on a bed, its so comfy and personal, yay for almost at the rolling stage.

    x Eloise - Jazzlipsandtulips

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful family. Ravi is just adorable. Such big, curious eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tavi is such a cutie! I love the pic of Jay andd her together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! What totally gorgeous photos, you are all such a lovely family! Have a good week ahead xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heart of Kijiji, but now I'm looking through it because we need a couch! Thanks! :) And your wee kiddo is so adorable! Love her face in the first pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you said you guys were looking for vintage/antique furniture, if you're patient it's a great place to buy antiques for a fraction of the price an antique store. Just make sure that you're prepared to pick up your item the same day - I had quite the adventure fitting an antique settee in my hatchback all because I had to pick it up right away!

      Delete
  9. Great family photos! My five-week-old baby rolled onto her tummy a couple days ago and yesterday she did it again and started scooting around her playmate! Ack! I'm not ready for her to crawl yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really lady, your 5 week old baby is ready to crawl. I don't want to start anything so I am going to leave it at that. Why do mom love to compete so much. I don't get it. Good for you and your child with super powers. Maybe she'll walk next week and fly the week after that.

      Delete
  10. Love the family photo shoot! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg Em, i can't get over how darling you and your fams are! love these pics, the lighting is tremendous and they just ooze good vibes right off the screen!! Tavi is a treasure :)

    fab tip about the couch sale too - we've got an oldy but a goody that we'd like to part ways with and make room for a new sofa to surf on. i'll take your experience and learn the 1st come, 1st served lesson - thanks lades! glad it all worked out. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love the pictures of you and your family! Tavi looks so sweet and like a very happy giggly baby! on your thoughts about Kijiji. oh man i have had my fair share no shows, and messages when selling a few things. always best to go with who wants it and is willing to come get it right away.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, fun fam pics - and I love Tavi's expressions!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh em k, those photos are splendid, happy, little slices of your family life. boo to hassles and no shows. hooray for new couches, (soon). there was tavi in the bed and her mom and dad said, roll over, roll over. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tavi is so precious, I really hope I get to meet her in person soon! And she is a mini fashionista, I love that little romper! Ah yes Kijiji can be annoying when you are waiting around for people to come pick things up, I've had that dilemna. Rug on carpet, hmm I may have to give that a try in our master bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a bunch of rug on carpet photos saved in my living room ideas folder and it looks good (I think).
      and
      only a few more weeks till the dinner and you guys will get to meet Tavi then :)

      Delete
  16. My kids and myself have cribs bumpers and we are still here.
    You do make such a lovely and gorgeous family!!!!!!
    I'm glad to read that she is trying to roll over and progressing well besides looking so beautiful and healthy.
    Many blessings my dear,

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww, such cute adorable pics of your family. Tavi is totally her dad's face twin. YAY for baby attaining milestones. It's amazing.

    Dude the crib bumper thing is crazy. I used it with my first boy then next thing I know it's not ok to use again. I hate all the changes that always happen with baby stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seriously there is so much conflicting information out there and everyone has an opinion about how you should do things. We're trying the logic route - if it makes sense then we'll try it.

      Delete
  18. These are the cutest pics. You have a beautiful family! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good luck shopping for a rug! I'm currently in the market for one too!

    Re: the bumper -- if Tavi is getting stuck in the crib then perhaps a bumper wouldn't be a good idea because then she may not be able to move her precious face from the material. Just a thought.

    You guys look adorable
    xx
    josie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. valid point. the thing is it's more like she's touching the side of the crib and she doesn't like it rather than being smooshed up into it, if that makes sense. geez, so many worries for mama!!!

      Delete
  20. She is so expressive and adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awhm such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG! You have a beautiful family! Your daughter is a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG!!! She's such a cutie :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow... your life is adorable :)

    I'm excited to follow along!

    Meg

    http://www.twininthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Omg what an adorable family! Tavi is so cute, love her!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger