outfit: plain & simple

Aug 20, 2013



blazer Patterson J Kincaid (The Bay) but almost wore this shirt instead
over-sized white t-shirt Wilfred Free (Aritzia)
scalloped skirt Club Monaco
sandals Steve Madden
feather necklace Forever 21
bracelets & rings Vintage
 
A much as I love these sandals I always cry a little on the inside after I wear them. A few more beads are missing, the soles just a bit more scuffed - it's only a matter of time before they're completely unwearable. This is probably another pair of shoes that someone's going to have to toss out for me because I can't bring myself to part with them! I try and ration wearing them (last seen on the blog here) to make them last longer and that's working pretty well, so far we're going on 5 years!
 
I think a hat would be the perfect finishing touch to this outfit... except somehow I've managed to lose ALL my hats. Last I remember was packing them to take on one of our trips back home to visit family and now they're no where to be found. I'm hoping they'll turn up soon. Not really sure how I managed to misplace a bunch of hats but somehow I did!
 

24 thoughts:

  1. LOVE the scalloped skirt!!! :) I want that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blazer... Great looks!
    Please check out my giveaway.
    Love,
    Belinda.

    Zoharous Ready-to-Wear Giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE simple dress. I am also a huge fan of black and white. Great outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Although its not the most exiting outfit for a blog post I like to show all the types of outfits I wear. Sometimes it's nice to wear something simple and understated :)

      Delete
  4. As always, you've put together an adorable outfit. :) I love the blazer! I have an ancient pair of sandals that I need to throw out, too, but I just can't do it. They're so comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear you look amazing in everything! I don't think anything could look bad on you ;) Pretty as always!! Bummer on your hats, hope you find one! And you're right, those sandals are too cute!! :)

    xo,
    Shio

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would cry if I lost my hats. lol. Those shoes are to die for though! Hopefully they won't give out too quickly. :) Such a cute look.


    justtheoutfits.BlogSpot.com

    justtheoutfits(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that scalloped hem, but I'm especially in love with your jewellery!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that blazer. You can put together an outfit like nobody's business.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving that scalloped skirt! You've got some great style.

    Lovin your blog.

    XO,
    Catherine (your newest follower via GFC)
    FEST

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow you look absolutely amazing here! love the blazer and your hair is so cute as well with that braid! xx. gigi. www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I so feel your pain about the sandals: I have certain things I hesitate to use for the same reason. So sad because they're so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Plain simple and LOVELY, the jewellery is GORGEOUS x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the shoes, sorry they hurt though. The things we do for beauty. I also like that the jewelry and the shoes are matching so well. Great combination

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those sandals are so cute! Love the way you have your hair. Overall, a beautiful outfit and well put together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH THOSE SHOES. Your outfit is gorgeous but those shoes really make it for me. :D

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so effortlessly gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great outfit! I love your skirt! And I know sandals get worn out really fast, I feel you. That's why I try to get sneakers to school most of the time. Or toms, toms last a LONG time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your skirt! Your accessories are perfection !

    ReplyDelete
  19. That t-shirt and blazer combo.. Love it! And those sandals are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. those sandals are gorgeous, cute look and liking the scallop details on the skirt.

    -Jasmine
    http://huesnviews.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger