outfit: parts of town i overlooked

Aug 10, 2013


star print shorts Forever 21
tank top Club Monaco
purse Anthropologie
boots Town Shoes
lace scarf Aldo
crystal necklace & bracelet Modern Primitive

I finally feel like I’m getting back into the groove of blogging and wouldn’t you know that would be the time someone (who shall remain nameless) spilled tea all over the laptop keyboard rendering it pretty useless. Geez! The on-screen keyboard is a temporary solution that's incredibly slow. It reminds me of texting from an old school flip phone, the ones with no keyboard just numbers. Writing sentences takes forever and you want to stop before you're halfway through. I'm over it!

About the outfit, pretty standard. I wear some version of this at least twice a week. Something with lace? Check. Shorts because it’s hot? Check. Boots because they make no sense in the summer? Check. Cavernous bag that keys disappear in at the most inconvenient moment? Check. That pretty much sums up what I wore yesterday.

Tavi is four months old today and we’re off shortly to a friend’s cottage to spend some time outside and possibly try swimming again. 

Have a great weekend!


29 thoughts:

  1. That blouse is absolutely amazing! I always seem to struggle with purchasing goodies from Free People. the prices just kill me haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a department store here called The Bay that carries Free People. I buy most of my stuff there because it gets marked down a lot. Like 75% off or more. The last thing I bought from there was reg $118 marke down to $28. Can't beat that!

      The Bay only ships within Canada though.

      Delete
    2. woowww that just blew my mind!! I would seriously move to Canada just for that opportunity haha. I guess it's time for a road trip! oh and btw, I heard that that if you stick your laptop in a bag of rice, that the moisture from the spilled tea will be sucked from it. it sounds very odd but supposedly it works:)

      Delete
  2. Love this blouse and the shorts/boots combo...and the cavernous bag that one must search in for everything:) You look amazing (and gorgeous!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love every piece of this outfit! the shorts are perfection, the blouse and the purse are stunners, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really wonderful outfit! I am far too old to wear that now, but would have killed for it a few years back. Fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! I just took everything out my my cavernous bag and put everything in a more structured bag. It'll work until I miss my pretty cavernous bag... =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so beautiful dear, and like you I just adore lace! Sad to hear about the spill on the laptop. But, you're making it work and hopefully you will have a great weekend. xx/Madison

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a lovely weekend. The blouse is so lovely and definitely very you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fabulous! Really loving your top! I hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do the loose look so well. I'm starting to really embrace it as my post-baby belly still looks preggers. You just look so effortless and content.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You put together the prettiest outfits! I love how you paired the flowy blouse with the denim shorts and boots.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there-so boho chic, really love your pretty top and those shorts are great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this outfit! The boots are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is a great outfit...so you! i love that top so much!! happy 4-month birthday to tavi! enjoy the day!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol...kids! I am sure she looked so innocent after that you couldn't get upset right? :-)
    Love the outfit. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute top. Happy four months to your little one. It's crazy how fast it flies by. My daughter just turned one on Friday and I don't even know where the year went!

    ReplyDelete
  16. cute shorts!I have a giveway in my blog check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh what a gorgeous look! the shorts are amazing on you with that top, and maybe boots make no sense in summer but i think they look really hot on bare legs;)
    love and kiss,mary

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your outfit! You're so cute, you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the outfit, and I'm also loving the boots - for new moms especially, comfort as well as style is paramount! You would fit right in in Annecy as the local look is all about short boots, even with dresses. I miss Anthropologie, sigh. Congrats on Tavi's fourth month! My little guy is three mos. Where has the time gone?

    ReplyDelete
  20. that top is amaaazing! love free people! and you look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. i spilt coffee all over my laptop keyboard last year. after a minor (okay, major) freakout and a sweet husband who took it apart, and dried it out in a giant bag of rice, it became good as new.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this outfit, especially those shorts! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. your style is king! the end. beautiful em k.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger