outfit: boohoo & a cross print dress

Aug 26, 2013


cross print maxi dress BooHoo (c/o)
sideways cross necklace Large/Aldo Small/Etsy
triangle necklace & bracelets Forever 21
rosary Vintage 
studded boots Feud (c/o Free People)


This dress came from an on-line website I recently discovered, boohoo.com, who launched their Canadian expansion this past June

 I'm loving the company because:

1. they offer free shipping to Canada on all orders over $35 (why don't more stores do this???)

and 

2. They have a balanced mix of both edgy and classic pieces. 

I'm a big fan of their maxi dresses (like this tie dye one that found it's way into my closet somehow) and the fact everything is really affordable. 

This outfit was one of those unexpected pleasant surprises that just happens. You know those mornings when you're getting dressed and nothing really looks right? I was having one of those and ended up trying on two things I loved but never thought would go together and wouldn't you know, the stripes and cross print turned out to be a great mix!

29 thoughts:

  1. I love long dresses! And red looks fabulous on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you didn't have pictures to show of you GORGEOUS baby I would not ever guess you had a child within the past year. You look AMAZING and that dress shows off a beautiful figure. I am a lover of a great looking cardigan. I'd wear that one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! I didn't know stripes and crosses would work, either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's a great outfit! i love the print combo, and i think you look absolutely fabulous in this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great referral for that website! Just bought leather leggings and earrings from them :) I totally agree that more website should offer free shipping to Canadians for spending X dollars. They would get so much more business as most times the cost of shipping isn't even worth ordering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! one of my favourite stores I won't order from because although they're right next door to us (US) they charge $40 for shipping AND the company they use charges ridiculous "brokerage" fees. There is absolutely no reason to have such high rates - they're a huge company so it doesn't make a lot of sense.

      Delete
  6. I like the outfit -- I could never pull it off. BTW, your bod is looking amazing.

    xx
    josie
    www.straightnochase.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fantastic!

    Loving that dress! Hot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pattern mixing! Man, that dress is a superstar. I can't take my eyes off of it! Fantastic. :D

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the cardi. you are such a gorgeous lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely outfit! I really like the dress!

    lovas.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful look! You accessorize so well, I love your jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the combination of this outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so pretty! I love your makeup and I love Boohoo as well!

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  14. em k, it looks effortlessly cool! serious style envy. i admire.

    ReplyDelete
  15. absolutely looove that sweater! the color is amazing and so fall appropriate! xx. gigi. www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely outfit, I can imagine it would be a perfect day to night option!

    xx Carina

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love stripes and the print clash looks so good! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Um, I think that tiedye dress is going to find it's way into my closet, too! Sneaky thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love maxis! You look amazing! How did you get rid of that post baby belly so fast? I'm still covering mine up.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm going to go with genetics. i don't tend to gain weight in my stomach... it tends to find it's way other places!!

      Delete
  20. I don't really like long dresses, they sometimes don't fit right depending on the body shape but this looks really good on you.

    Girl, you look amazing, your postpartum recovery has definitely been great. I am so loving your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the mix of that dress with the bright sweater - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I could NEVER pull something like this off, but you do it so well!! You look amazing!! Love the mix of patterns! Pretty as always! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such an awesome dress - I'm not sure if I could wear it as well as you.. it fits your body like a glove and you look fabulous!
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. i'm in awe of your beautiful long hair Em! mine grows at a slugs pace and i've always wanted mermaidian tresses, you're so lucky! absolutely adorable outfit and thanks for the tip off to this company. love the fact they ship for free to Canada. huzzah! girl, i gotta say your bod has bounced back from baby - you look incredible! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger