Sunday Series/Family Life: I don't think we could have crammed anything else in this week

Jul 28, 2013


I hate to be that person that's like OMG SOOO BUSY, but this week has been a little crazy! Doesn't it seem that everything happens in the same week? Birthdays, wedding showers, family BBQs and of course a friend going into labour amidst the craziness, meaning one day I was excitedly checking my phone for updates every five minutes! 

Jay and I spent part of the week in Gananoque visiting family and came home in time for my friends beautiful dinosaur themed wedding shower. Sometimes I can be completely clueless, until yesterday I had no idea what their theme was! The wedding is being held in the dinosaur room at the Museum of Nature, there are all sorts of dinosaur related words being thrown around on their wedding blog and I didn't even pick up with all the tiny dinosaurs decorating the table at the shower. It wasn't until I saw the plate of dinosaur cookies that I had an ah-ha moment! To be fair, I wasn't the only person oblivious to the theme, but still I think I should have clued in a little earlier!

Tavi was a good little traveller all week, once we got on the highway she fell asleep in her car seat for the whole drive. Hopefully this is a sign that she doesn't mind long trips and will sleep on the plane this fall. fingers are crossed.


18 thoughts:

  1. Having a good traveler makes such a difference! We had a busy weekend, too, but our little guy travels well and it helps so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS a crammed weekend! But some of the best ways to spend a weekend in my opinion :) I bet the dinosaur theme was pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy is good when it fills your life with fun things. Your baby is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you do look like you had a busy week! Are those dinosaur cookies?

    Ali of

    Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
  5. life does get extra busy, especially after kids!! you are both so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I bet your friend's wedding is going to be so fun! Those cookies are almost too cute to eat. What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good thing your little one likes to travel. We just got back from a mini vacation and our little one is great up until nap time-which apparently she does not like to do during vacations. She likes to take in all the action with her parents! let's hope Tavi stays a good napper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha I keep saying how busy I am too and then feeling slightly dumb about it...but REALLY! I am!
    You seriously have the cutest baby btw :)
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Busy weekends can be fun but extremely tiring. Thank goodness baby girl stayed asleep and comfy the whole trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little one looks so adorable! And a dinosaur themed shower sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the mommy and daughter picture..<3

    ReplyDelete
  12. when babies are awesome travelers..it makes life so much easier! looks like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. May I steal tavi for the weekend?! She is honestly so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate to be overwhelmingly busy but sometimes (particularly in the Summer) there are just way too many events and we can't help it. Good job Tavi was good and did so well.

    I laughed so hard at you being oblivious to the dinosaur theme. Isn't it funny when it finally clicks.

    Fingers crossed that Tavi stays a good traveling baby. I think if you have the right attitude and are laid back the kids will follow your lead, so she probably is chilling because you guys are chilling.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol!! That is funny about not catching on to the dinosaur theme right away :) It sounds like it was super cute! Your week def sounds like it was full of busyness! Your little girl is seriously so cute!! Glad she was a good traveler for you, that is always nice when the kids sleep while you travel!

    xo,
    Shio

    ReplyDelete
  16. your little girl is getting cuter and cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy your blissful little traveler made the busy week a little easier. Miam miam, craving some sweets after seeing those photos!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger