Sunday Series/Family Life: at the park

Jul 14, 2013


You know, as much as I love living in Canada, I'd be ok with living somewhere that has warm weather all year round. We've been making the most of these sunny days, spending a lot of time outside in the shade, taking walks to get treats, and going down to the pool. We took Tavi into the pool for the first time today and she didn't like it at all. Not.at.all. We got her out pretty quickly! She did however love being outside under the trees and staring up at the leaves blowing in the wind. That fascinated her for a good 45 minutes.

I've been noticing lately that Tavi's hair is getting lighter and lighter and looking a bit red and her eyes look like they're changing to a hazel-brown colour. I guess I assumed since the genes for brown hair and brown eyes are dominant that Tavi would get those traits, but it looks like the recessive genes are winning here!

 

23 thoughts:

  1. What a doll baby! And can I just say that your dang eye lashes look A.MAY.ZINGGGG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, I am melting!! PS I love the blanket -- where is it from??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a giant piece of fabric I found at a thrift store!

      Delete
  3. You and baby Tavi are both so beautiful! I love seeing the pictures you post of her! Longing for a baby to snuggle now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you little girl is such a sweety! and the thrifted blanket is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww,,,these pictures are just precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pics! I'm loving your mani color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the blog comment! Your little fam is just gorgeous! New follower =)

    xo,
    Katie
    hellolittlebean.com
    shopboldthreads.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness she is beautiful!

    It always amazes me when the dominant traits don't win. It's like, how?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are the most adorable pictures in the world :) what a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, such happy sublime sweetness in each of those photographs! it will be fun to see how tavi feels about water later. how she'll look, and what she'll like might be a delightful surprise. you'll get to enjoy each stage she goes through. i say that because my friend has a son who is now 11, and she can't say what age has been her favorite, because she loves each one, in it's own way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful pics of your family. My boys didn't like water at first either and now they can't get enough of it. Maybe she'll come around.

    By the way, I love your nail color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You and Tavi look so gorgeous out in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tavi is adorable!! I am new to reading this blog, but I will definitely continue reading it. I love knowing that another blogger lives in Canada!!

    http://www.myenglishstylelife.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, your family is beautiful, and that baby of yours is soooo ADORABLE!! I am excited to have found your lovely blog!! New follower!!

    xo,
    Shio

    ps: if you get a chance come visit my blog :)

    www.sweetnessaboos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yeah, and I love your turquoise jewelry too!! :) You look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pictures! Soon enough she'll love the water and not want to get out. Eliana(my daughter) had jet black hair like mine when she was born. Now at nearly a year old it is very light brown to dirty blonde.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that sweet baby face! I too always thought hair got darker and not lighter. My daughter's hair was pitch black and bone straight when she was born, now it has brown undertones and is very cury!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Excuse me while I go pick up my heart that's melted into a puddle on the floor. Tavi's a beauty and both parents look pretty smitten. The first photo is frame-worthy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger