outfit:shirtdress

Jul 29, 2013


bag/belt/necklace XXI
shoes Zara 
sunglasses H&M
leather jacket Tulle
polka dot shirt-dress The Gap
rings & bracelets - mostly vintage

I have mixed feelings about shirt-dresses. They tend to be pretty shapeless and can look sloppy rather than laid back if you're not careful. Part of me thinks they're cute but part of me thinks they look a little undone, like you forgot to put on pants in the morning. This one I like, despite it's sack-like shape. It was a sale rack find at, of all places, The Gap. My initial thought was hey, I could wear this to work when my mat leave is over, but after trying it on (and especially after seeing these pictures) I think it would only be office appropriate with a pair of pants!


27 thoughts:

  1. I love it! I'm always hesitant with shirt dresses being too sack looking too, but this is awesome! I love the leather jacket-I have recently come around. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great shirt dress! Great styling with it! xx Pip


    Easy Outfits by Pip

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one smokin' hot mama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you're killing me looking so FABulous so soon after having a baby! Love this look on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about shirt dresses, but this one is great. You look amazing! I love this dress on you. Hot mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like that print!! it looks good!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel that! dressing for the office can be tricky, especially if it has a conservative culture! I like how you accessorized the look! Definitely pulls everything together!

    Cute ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the dress and also really like those sunglasses great look! you are beautiful! xx. gigi. www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute and slightly surprising outfit! You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool outfit! Love the mix of a leather jacket with polka dots!
    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  11. loving the polk-a-dots even if it is a little too short for work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look far from shapeless or sloppy, you look bohemian-chic!
    I do agree that it would be perfect for work with a sleek black pair of pants.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the last shot, turquoise <3

    Jordan | Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the last photo. I think you might be right- maybe leggings for work?

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are just gorgeous! I love how well you put things together. I need some lessons! I dress like such a mom/teacher sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. your style is so super chic...this is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this! You styled it to perfection. You couldn't have picked a better belt!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am a big, big, big fan of shirt dresses! You pulled it off very well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am not sure if I like the shirt dress look, I definitely think it could look very sloppy. You pulled it off well tho with all your accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So much love for this dress and all the turquoise you're wearing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. For me it's all about the nail colour and jewelry you're wearing.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  22. Come dress me! You pull this look off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're right about shirtdresses; I think the accessories are key, and defining the waist in some way. This version reminds me of the pajama-inspired clothing I've seen popping up everywhere lately. BTW, your shoes are AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger