1/3 of the way there

Jul 13, 2013

 
Some of you many have noticed this picture on instagram and gotten an idea of the direction the nursery is heading in. I don't even know what to call the style. A bit bohemian and a bit Victorian? I just keep adding things I like to the mix and somehow it's all coming together.
 
Yesterday I spent some time moving things around, trying to figure out the best way to arrange the furniture. Decorating has been really fun but I'm dying to finish Tavi's room. This little corner looks cute but what you can't see is the pile of half done and to be started projects on the other side. The balcony has become my workshop and is un-usable for relaxing; drop sheets and paint cans have taken over. I think it's safe to say the nursery's 1/3 done, and I'm happy with how it's turning out but there's still a ways to go!
 

11 thoughts:

  1. ah, that's such a cute pic! I love the turqoise dresser, the room really is quite bohemian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls looked so bohemian-cool!
    The room is coming along lovely and I like your hands on approach on personalizing your baby space instead of just buying stuff and putting together as the store had it.
    By the way, loving the nail polish and the turquoise jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I love making things and salvaging old furniture, the only down side is it's really time consuming!

      Delete
  3. It's looking cute! I love the dream catcher, and I have that mirror! I like that it can fit well in different styles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it does look fab! you'll get there, piece by piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. I just came across your blog...love all your turquoise jewelry and my daughter's nursery is somewhat similar-we have that peacock Skip Hop storage bin as well! Looks cute so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy for you that a slightly haphazard approach to decorating is working out. Right now I'm considering buying a print of a painting drawn by a friend but also hesitant to invest in too much art before we own. I'm leaning towards just taking the plunge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you love your friends work and that specific piece I say get it - art is one of those things that works regardless of where you move. you always find a spot for it :)

      Delete
  7. LOVE the theme you've got going on in the nursery...not sure how much farther you've gotten since this summer. The dresser is so cute...I feel like our nursery has been the same way, a mishmash of DIY and things along the way. Where did you get the sheets for the crib? I've had such a hard time finding cute ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I have made progress on the nursery, the Victorian settee has been stripped and the frame re-painted, I'm just trying to find fabric I like to recover it. I've added a few other things as well so the nursery is coming along nicely. Very close to being done!

      The crib sheets are from Target and if I remember correctly they are only available on-line. Good luck with finishing up your nursery!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger