Sunday Series/Family Life: Sister Sister (oh how i miss her)

Jun 16, 2013


me & my little sis at our nana's. in high school we used to look like twins (people mistook us for each other), now not so much!

Last week my sister flew down from Calgary to meet Tavi and see her smiles in person for the first time. I send my sis pictures and videos of Tavi almost daily but it's not enough, I was so excited for them to finally meet! My sis loves babies and between her and all of the relatives we visited I hardly got to hold my own child all week! As usual our visit was too short and the time flew by. I didn't get to show my sis all the great places Jay and I love to frequent in Ottawa, but I did manage to squeeze in a trip to The Green Door, my favourite low-key place to eat. We spent some time driving around the Ottawa University campus (we both went there) and reminisced about the past. 
 
My sister left yesterday and I miss her already. I'm flying out there this fall for 3 or 4 weeks with Tavi and we decided next summer my sis will come down with the whole family and stay for a couple weeks. Until then face time will have to do, thank god for iPhones!
 
 

10 thoughts:

  1. my sister was just in town this last week and left yesterday! I hate that she lives far away so i know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. That's how I feel about seeing my sisters. I get daily pictures of my niece too and I love it but I agree it is not enough.

    Glad you had a great time with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You such beautiful girls!
    I have two girls and I hope that in the future they are as close as they are now and as they have been since childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both are so beautiful!! Nice your sis met Tavi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so great that they finally got to meet...too bad you're not all in the same city! but, it makes visits all the more special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw that sounds like a wonderful visit! Fall will be here before you know it ;)
    Not surprised about not being able to hold your little girl :) I have a feeling I will be the same way here in a couple weeks between my Mom and 3 sisters.... They already can't keep their hands off my belly! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and your sister are both gorgeous!! I have 4 sisters so I totally understand how it never seems like there is enough time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY for having family in town. I am glad you guys got to spend some quality time together and she got to hold Tavi all week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. UMMM-- I'm requesting photos of your parents. Those are some amazing genes in your family: KEEP BREEDING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous ladies! And I know what you mean about not getting to hold your own baby at family gatherings. Half the time I'm sure I'm just considered Eliana's ride to the gathering.lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger