Sunday Series/Family Life: Good Night Little Bear

Jun 23, 2013


dad & tavi having fun

This was a big week for Tavi (ahem, me) because we started a bedtime routine so that she would get used to sleeping in her own room, in her crib. I think it's been harder on me than her! In the evening after she eats we give Tavi a bath, have quiet time, dim the lights and read her my tattered copy of Good Night Little Bear, one of my favourite books from when I was a kid. I absolutely loved that story and looked forward to it every night, though I do remember my dad asking me frequently if I wanted to read something different! Beside's the fact that little bear "tricked" his Dad, I always liked that little bear got to eat chocolate cake before bed.

After story time it's in the crib with a goodnight kiss and a mama and daddy love you, with the sleep sheep softly playing sounds of the ocean or rainfall in the background. Jay and I turn off the lights and quietly walk out of Tavi's room. She knows it's time to sleep when it's dark and she's usually pretty good, within 15 minutes or so she's fast asleep.


28 thoughts:

  1. awwwwww look at that big smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! We will be starting our bedtime routine after vacation. I hope it goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww!!! Look at little Tavi. So, so adorable!!! Having a bedtime routine will change your life...I hope it becomes an easy transition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, Tavi and her dad = priceless. She is so beautiful with those big eyes and that smile.

    Good luck with your transition, it's important to get some sleep for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She gets cuter every time I see her ...

    -Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is such a beautiful baby! I love that you already have a nighttime routine with her and a favorite book to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute daughter you have :) And it is so nice that you read for her the favourite book of your childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Must be fun reading to her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's such a cutie! Bedtime routines are a lifesaver. Thankfully, I get a bit of a break because Henry will only properly fall asleep if my husband walks him around the room singing our version of 'How Much is that Doggie in the Window'.

    Maria xx
    www.cheekypinktulip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww what an adorable little girl she is! Hope the transition is a smooth one. And how sweet would it be if she one day asked her dad to read her that same story again for the umpteenth time, just like you did when you were little. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw lovely, the pics are so cute, I can't wait to do all this! Becky xx

    www.girlaboutchelts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What sweet pictures! It's so great you have her in a little routine, I think that is the best way to thrive :)

    Jordan | Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet. :) I remember that story too. But I didn't have a specific, favorite fairy tale ..Or I just don't remember ^^
    Adorable photos! x

    Indie by heart
    (GFC is shutting down - follow me on Bloglovin')

    ReplyDelete
  14. These photos are so, so precious! Tavi is adorable. Enjoy your week dear! xx/Madison

    Come celebrate summer with my nail varnish giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww she's so expressive! Sounds like you got a good one with that sleeping routine! I hear such horror stories about babies not sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 1) that child looks JUST LIKE YOU
    2) is her name pronounced tah-vee or tav(rhymes with have)-ee? i hate mispronouncing names when i read them. :)
    3) i have never heard of good night, little bear. i need to check that out. love how used/loved that copy is!
    4) love the drawer pulls on her chest-of-drawers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the second pronunciation :)

      the drawer pulls are from anthro, I'm very proud of this chest of drawers because it's a $10 flea market find that I re-did myself and it turned out better than I expected!

      Delete
  17. Tavi has the most beautifully expressive face!!!!!
    Ahh, bedtime separation and routines, how wouldn't like to eat chocolate cake before bed?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tavi is so beautiful!!! And what a good sleeper -- she goes down by herself? Lucky you! I so enjoy these sunday series posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I jinxed myself because last night she fussed, though her regular routine was messed up so lets hope that was it! lol. As long as she's tired enough she will go down by herself, I can usually tell when it's time because she has 'heavy eyes', that sleepy-put-me-to-bed-mama look.

      Delete
  19. These photos are so gorgeous! Her little babygrow is adorable!

    www.ciderwithrosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun bedtime routine! You little one is so adorable! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow, respect that it happened so fast. MY BAbyZzz is now 2 and still wants to fall asleep with her Mom :P and its sometimes really hard.. good luck o you all :)


    www.momscam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love her expression in that first photo. A mixture of surprise but contentment. And she has such beautiful expressive eyes. You guys must just be so fascinated with her every day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. such pretty pics! you will be great parents, darling!
    the sleep routine is great but so is the fairy tales one. Always read lovely books and sing beautiful lullabies before bed.

    http://bohemiansbanquet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your daughter is so cute! I remember when my brother was a baby, he used to sleep wherever and whenever, and unfortunately that caused problems with his sleeping schedule, he still has that problem today and he's 15 haha

    ReplyDelete
  25. awww! what you're doing is wonderful. :) my nephew is 3 yrs. old, and that's the routine they've had him on. they take turns where one parent helps with the bath. then the other reads the story. i don't know the book "good night little bear", but i want to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger