Leather Shorts. Long Sleeved Blouse. Sandal Boots. Nothing in this title screams summer.

Jun 22, 2013


shorts & black cross necklace Urban Outfitters
striped blouse Club Monaco
lace-up sandal boots Free People + Jeffrey Campbell
turquoise cross bracelet The Bay
cross bangles Forever 21
sideways cross necklace Etsy
 
Technically faux leather shorts, but still. Nothing about this outfit seems summer appropriate, yet it is. The blouse is comfortable and cool because it's made of silk, the shorts work as long as you're not planning on spending hours walking around in the sweltering heat and these sandal-boot hybrids are just the same as wearing any other sandal (keep in mind this is coming from someone who wears boots all the time in the summer). So all in all, a summer appropriate outfit.
 
This purse needs to be retired to the back of my closet but I can't seem to stop using it. I've purchased a couple to replace this ratty old thing yet I keep reaching for it over and over. It's seen better days, if you look closely you can see the cat ate the feathers off the tassels and the strap is barely hanging on, yet here it is making yet another appearance on the blog.
 


21 thoughts:

  1. i love everything about this outfit! i love even more that it isn't an outfit that you'll normally associate with Summer but it just works! loving those boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit when I first saw the sandal boots I loved how they looked, but couldn't picture how I'd wear them myself. But with this outfit: WOW. I'd wear this head to toe! The lacy straps subtly echo the stripes in your top. You're got such great style. Keep doing what you do! And don't feel bad about the bag. I actually fished a pair of shoes out.of.the.garbage for one last hurrah (shhhh).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah I am dying over the shoes and garbage thing hahahaha! Seriously it brings to mind this disgusting pair of shoes that jay made me throw out. They were so gross and I knew they had to go but I kept wearing them. When I was cleaning out my closet he convinced me to finally toss them and it took great restraint not to fish them out of the garbage!

      Delete
  3. Love all the crosses. And I love turquoise with black and white! I think it's great that sandal boots make you so happy. I got this awesome sterling ring ... it is the face of an Indian Chief with his headdress on! I thought of you immediately. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously can't get over how amazing you look. Are you back to your pre-pregnancy weight already??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't checked in a few weeks but last time I weighed myself I still had 5 pounds to go. My body has changed though, and I don't think it'll go back without some cardio and major strength training!

      Delete
  5. You look fabulous, I think we are style sisters (or at least I think we should be as I LOVE your style!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment! :) Only a million people in your city? Haha. There's only 200,000 in mine (well, the one that I am tentatively moving to). Anyway, cute outfit! I'm following your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ottawa has a small town feel to it so it doesn't feel like a big city. I'd prefer to live in Toronto (2.7 million ppl), I was born there so maybe that's why?

      Delete
  7. oh you look so beautiful! these days we see a lot of stripes, but this look of yours is really individual paired with shorts the shoes and your amazing bag!
    love and kiss,mary
    http://www.maryloucinnamon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always wary of leather shorts because I'm afraid that they won't breathe. But good to know that they do work in the summer. Love this black and white combo!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look amazing! I love the whole outfit head to toe. And yayyyy sandal boots in action -- just what I needed to see!

    ReplyDelete
  10. really an amazing look! love the black and white and your body is in perfect shape as I can see from here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And that bag story is so funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha, the bag is living out its last days. Stunning as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahahah that's so funny! Btw you look beautiful in this outfit!!
    Kisses
    Ylenia

    visit my blog if you liek at
    www.wallofstyleblog.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the shorts! So daring. So cute!! You wear them well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely! I'm such a sucker for stripes. And a sheer, breezy striped shirt?? Sign me up! I love that it's not overly see-through either. And I totally rock boots in the summer. Boots and shorts look cute together, and it makes more sense to wear boots in the summer than shorts in the winter!

    My favorite purse is a tote bag I got for free that says "I love brains" and is covered in coffee stains and other dirt. It's gross. But I love it anyway. No apologies!

    - Hannah
    she could be a pharmer in those clothes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally in love with the sandal boots! And the faux leather and silk stripe combination who would ever think it would work so well! Especially in the summertime but it looks absolutely amazing.

    http://whosyourfoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger