sunday series/family life: a peaceful retreat

May 5, 2013

 
In general, when people find out you're having a girl they seem to go nuts over the colour pink. Pink is ok is small doses, very, very small doses, even for a little baby girl (hey, I'm not the only one who feels like this)! My family and friends were really great at not overdosing on the colour and instead of solid pink things they mixed it up with white and grey, which I really appreciated. The few pink items that Tavi has look really nice with her grey nursery furniture. Her room's not quite done yet but it still has a soft, calming feel to it. I love sitting in her grey chair just taking it all in.

Here are a few photos from earlier in the week, before Tavi and I hit the road to travel back to Kingston and Ganaoque for a visit home. I learned going anywhere with a kid means your trunk will be filled to the point of barely closing and it takes twice as long than you anticipated to pack! Jay's meeting up with us today and we'll be spending lots of time introducing our little one to our friends and family. While we're here we'll also be using Jay's Dad's workshop to sand down and refinish another dresser for Tavi's room.
 

slumbering babe (Tavi's had a couple of naps in her crib and that's it, mama thinks she's too little to sleep alone in there at night!)
 

freshly washed handmade blankets for the little one
 

 sleep sheep - soothing nature sounds lull Tavi to sleep

 

13 thoughts:

  1. I love neutrals, and I have aboy- but if i had a girl I would have been the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. People went crazy buying pink when they learned she was having a girl. She hated it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pic of your little girl in the crib is so sweet and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the color pink, but I am trying not to go overboard with it either! Lots of neutrals and fun colors mixed in is what I am trying to go for! I guess I will see if it works after my baby shower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I may be over pink just from watching other people over do it with their kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is so darling! we didn't know the sex of either child, so we were not inundated with blues and pinks. instead, we got all yellows and greens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so adorable! How can you not just kiss that face all over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww sleeping babies are the cutest. she is such a sweety. love the sheep such a good idea! xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. SHe just looks so adorable. I completely agree with you. I would not want to have an overload of pink if I was to have a girl! too much of a good thing?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww she's so cute! Congratulations! Gray and pink is a great combination insted of the cliched pink overdose for girls
    xx
    www.JuneWantsItAll.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is beautiful! I have 2 girls, they both had yellow for their bedrooms because I couldn't face too much pink.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's funny, I wear a lot of pink in my wardrobe and blush is one of our wedding colours, but I'd steer clear of it for a nursery too. I guess I think it's too obvious? This dove grey is a beautiful choice and the whole look is so soothing and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. sweet! thanks for linking! glad you got some gray and white to calm things down. i love neutrals too!:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger