Sunday Series: Family Walk

May 19, 2013


Ok! so the craziness of the first month with a new baby has died down (for the most part) and we all seem to have settled in nicely. Don't get me wrong, Jay and I are still pretty sleep deprived over here but our bodies have adapted fairly quickly. I have occasional moments of absent-mindedness (like when I put the cheese in the cupboard instead of the fridge), but for the most part I'm managing on minimal sleep!

We're enjoying the nice weather over here, Ottawa seemed to skip spring and go strait to summer. We went out for our first official family walk this week, something we'll be doing lots of in the coming months. I think Tavi enjoyed it, though she fell asleep pretty much as soon as the stroller started moving! My favourite thing this time of year is all the flowers growing, everything looks so beautiful. I know dandelions are classified as weeds but I still think they're pretty! I look forward to the day when Tavi picks flowers on walks and gives them to her mama :)

26 thoughts:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog and I have a toddler now and I can barely remember that first month after having him! It is so crazy in the first month. Your baby is gorgeous and hope all is well! Hope you are getting some sleep! xx Pip


    JOIN MY OASAP WORLDWIDE GIVEAWAY UNTIL MAY 23RD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable (as does the baby, too!) Glad you are settling in, it's amazing how little sleep we actually need, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. such wonderful and cute pics, you both look so happy! and your little girl is such a cute one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing that the body can thrive in little to no sleep :)

    I love your outfit! I really want to but overalls :)

    Glad you're having great weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, so cute! If Tavi sleeps well in a moving stroller, that bodes well for long car rides ahead!
    I know this isn't an 'outfit post' but you are rocking those overalls missy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You all are so gorgeous! Love all the green and laughed at your sleep deprive story while remembered mine so many years back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it amazing what we can adapt to? I slept for 4.5 hours straight the other night, and I felt like a million bucks the next day. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww she is too sweet!! And look at all those colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw! Such a beautiful family!!! I so not miss those non sleep days at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous family, I really like your outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww, I just love this Sunday series. You guys look so good and Tavi is such a doll sleeping so peacefully in her stroller. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for seeing that dandelions are pretty! I don't see how they could be weeds if they're flowers, haha. I love the pictures of your guy and little Tavi, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look great! And baby is ADORABLE! Cute family :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Who says dandelions are only weeds? It's just a ploy for the weed killer industry to make money right?! ;) Glad you are adjusting! Tavi is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She looks so peaceful and secure sleeping on the walk with her mother and father. So precious. She was born at such a perfect time. I was always too paranoid to bring Ian out in the stroller because it was cold and now he refuses to close his eyes in it.

    ps are those skinny coveralls? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes they are skinny overalls, sort of! They're boyfriend style but I got them a few sizes smaller so they were fitted.

      Delete
  16. Awwwww, so beautiful. I'm so green with envy that you guys have summer now, we've just stepped into winter on our end. Tavi is so precious! Time flies, in no time she will be picking flowers for her mama :).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awe I love this post! Such beautiful pictures. Make me SO excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations to you both! What a cutie-pie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok cutest!! Your daughter is the cutest little thing ever. All that hair! I also love her name, Tavi, I seriously am considering naming a future daughter that now. If you don't mind of course.. haha and of course that won't be for a good while but still I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i adore these photos so much! they are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You and your family are so gorgeous. I love family walks. We try to take one every night. And my three-year-old daughter is obsessed with picking dandelions. It is pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is such a beautiful family portrait :). beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the photos! They are so beautiful. You make such a lovely family :)

    Sylvia
    www.sylvialovespink.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh what a cutie!!
    congratulations to you both! it's the craziest, most amazing thing you'll ever do hey!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger