Simons, Basics and More!

May 31, 2013

Over the past couple of weeks a few things have changed wardrobe wise for me. The first is I go through shirts quickly and am doing way more laundry than I used too. The second is even though my style hasn't changed (my casual wear is pretty much exactly the same as before I had my baby) I find myself gravitating towards clothes that are easy to wash. My dry cleaning pile is enormous and lately when I get dressed in the morning I find myself passing over clothes that will be a pain to clean. The last thing that's changed is my body isn't back to where it was pre-pregnancy. I've had to buy some new clothes that actually fit but it’s not easy going out shopping with a newborn! Meaning, I've been doing most of my shopping on-line.
Finding companies that actually ship (hassle free) to Canada is tough, which is why I love ordering from Canadian companies. Plus there are no duty charges! I also love free shipping and an easy return process, sadly something many on-line stores out there don’t provide to Canadian customers. The French-Canadian retail giant Simons offers both these things and has recently added a new t-shirt collection to their on-line store filled with inexpensive basics that are perfect for layering and perfect for life with a new baby!

Some of my Simon’s favourites;
 

16 thoughts:

  1. I need to check them out! It is such a pain in the butt to find cute stuff that is shipped here that doesn't cost more to ship than the product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are totally right! It's hard to get used to a new rutine when you have a baby but you will succeed! :)

    Gemma
    http://www.taipeistreetstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That white long sleeve blouse looks like a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you've found a way to adapt. Simons is a great store; I never would have thought of them as an online shopping destination for Canadians. Thanks for the tip :)

    Linen's an amazing fabric (just a pain to iron/steam). There's nothing better in the summertime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on the linen. One of the best fabrics to wear in warmer weather and a pain to try and keep wrinkle free!

      Delete
  5. Great basics! Stripes are the way to go :)

    XO Imke

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't even thought of what a pain it would be to shop with a new baby when you need clothes that fit. Glad you found some options!

    ReplyDelete
  7. really love the first and the last one! very free people! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree regarding the dry cleaning bills! My favourites here are the stripe top and the pretty crochet piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. had never heard of them. love the striped tee it looks like the perfect summer top for staying cool and comfy! thanks for sharing your picks! xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never would have thought on-line shopping would work as well as it does for me! But I love it when I can find free shipping and fantastic items that are only available on-line.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hooray for online shopping, hassle free returning, free shipping, comfortable, and easy clean clothing! you are definitely busy, and anything that will make your life easier is a bonus. you want to spend your effort on little tavi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the striped shirt!
    ~Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  13. So true! My main concerns when buying new tops are 1. can it be washed easily? 2. Is it easy to nurse in? 3. Does it hide my post-baby belly? If it's not a yes to all then I don't even try it on. And yes, again. It's tough to shop with a newborn. I've gone out a couple times, but it's not as enjoyable, more rushed and I usually end up feeding baby in the dressing room. Well, best of luck to you in your online shopping search.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all very cute casual styles! I don't even have kids and I still try to make sure my things are easy to wash... especially work items.

    7% Solution​

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger